French Side Travel
Request more information or book(Gift vouchers can be used with this operator)
GENERATION VOYAGEURS is a new DMC based in the south-east of France in Aix-en-Provence organising tailor-made holidays all over France. We offer a selection of holidays that allow travellers to immerse themselves in the local culture giving them unforgettable experiences with local hosts. We support sustainable tourism initiatives working with communities that enhance their natural and cultural heritage and welcome others to share and understand their environment.
Member since: 11 Jul 2016
How the minimum criteria of the responsible travel standard was met...
- We select local guides and craftsmen to ensure our activity benefits the local economy. Our guides are able to offer an insight into the local culture and are able to guide visitors to less known sites and unknown treasures.
- On our Marseille trip our guides are part of a shared interest co-operative. The co-op receives a proportion of every booking from our agency. They also promote local products like honey, soap and postcards. Urban walks are organised through multi-cultural neighbourhoods.
- We only collaborate with small accommodation owners. When necessary, we employ local drivers to go to places that are difficult to access and plan workshops with local artists using local products from regional markets.
- By supporting these projects and bringing tourists to these areas, the local area benefits economically and improves the image of these neighbourhoods.
- In our Marseille package, our guides are part of a co-op that supports social benefits for the community. It brings different populations closer together to create more understanding and respect for each other.
- We work with local people on projects which improve the environment and protect cultural heritage. Our guests also benefit as they get a deeper understanding of the area and leave with unforgettable memories.
- we have a partnership with the Hotel du Nord co-op which follows the Faro agreement. Four Marseille’s town councils have signed this agreement. The co-op has a social target to increase the heritage value of several Marseille’s districts to improve the residents and workers’ way of life. Each host who rents his room via Hotel du Nord, will show the natural and cultural heritage of the city to the guest.
- Our office minimizes the use of paper by using internet, emails and for marketing purposes we also make use of websites. Our vouchers are electronic. When we have to use paper, we use the APUR paper, and our Brother’s cartridges are brought to the recycle center, which has a partnership with CoolEarth.
- Our agency always promotes local guides that accompany our guests to local communities. Settled themselves in these areas they take to heart the protection as well as the recognition of local heritage.
- In our Marseillan package, our guides even make part out of the co-op that benefits socially the community. It brings closer together different populations and create more understanding and respect for each other. Working together on projects improve their environment and protects cultural heritage. Our guests also profit as relations are deeper and will leave unforgettable memories.
- We support local social projects with direct or indirect benefits to the host community.