2 independent reviews for Exciting family holiday in Morocco
Reviews for Exciting family holiday in Morocco
Rachel Slater review 16 Aug 2019
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?Really hard to find one memorable part of the holiday. Highlights have to be the trip to Imili, the trek with a great guide, beautiful scenery and my daughter's ride on the mule. But the trip to the desert with a beauty all of its own and the trip on the camels at sunset, followed by a great dinner and Berber music round the camp fire.
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?Do a small amount of research on the places you are going to stay as a family.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Hopefully we supported local people and businesses, eating in local restaurants and staying in local hotels, using local people as guides and drivers. We also learnt a lot about peoples way of life
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?A really great experience, we met some wonderful and interesting people. Can't wait to go back
Emily Lusty review 22 Apr 2015
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?Train journey accross Morocco, visit to Volubilis Roman ruins, lunch with Berber family in Ouirgane.
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?Don't eat the salad. Do not bother with a guide in Fez; they are simply taking you on a heavily overpriced shopping trip. The Lonely Planet Guide is excellent, spot on in all instances for food, DIY tours and really good maps. Do your shopping in Marrakesh airport on the way home; they sell all the same stuff at the same prices. Take earplugs (5.30 muezzin every day). Expect a stomach upset, and rejoice if you don't get it.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Local people in Ouirgane (guide and his family) were paid direct by us, and I'm sure that money will have made a difference. Taking the train across the country was much better than a private taxi in many ways. Other than that, not really. Morrocco is heaving with tourists on the same well worn paths.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?Unforgettable. The children will always remember it as a real adventure, and they will have the sights and sounds of Morocco in their minds for a long time.
You can trust Responsible Travel reviews because, unlike many other schemes, reviews can ONLY be written by people who we have verified have been on the holidays. In addition, we don't run these holidays ourselves - our only interest is giving you the best independent advice.