2 independent reviews for Bejing to Lhasa tour, by train
Reviews for Bejing to Lhasa tour, by train
James Troy review 1 Sep 2019
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?Everest base camp and the terracotta warriors.
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?Don't use this Tibet operator for any travel on China proper. They got a lot wrong, wanted me the customer, to sort it out. Wrong phone numbers, wrong itinerary changes, incorrect hotel addresses. It was endless. Tibet itself went OK.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Definitely.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?Very low because of the inconvenience in China. Leon Zhang was very disorganised and unhelpful.
Sue Byrne review 28 May 2017
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?Seeing how the Tibetan people live, their friendliness and warm smiles. The way that welcomed us into their everyday worship in the monasteries. Just the simple things really.
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?Don't have any expectations on anything. Let it happen. But on a practical level, always have loo roll handy and antibacterial stuff for toilets.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Yes. Local hotels, local eating, Tibetan guide and making sure that we shopped in Tibetan stores. We used transport suited to size of group.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?It was brilliant. Loved it. Such a privilege to be amongst such genuine people and see how they are coping with the Chinese impact on their culture. And we liked that we were not put in faceless international hotels on the edge of cities and given freedom to eat where we wanted at night. The variety of activities was good, group size small, journeys broken by regular breaks. Our guide Yankie was incredible, calm, patient and so knowledgeable. The only criticism I would have would be the lack of toilet running water and washing facilities at Namsto Lake. Same for all tourist groups including the Chinese but something that needs to be addressed.
You can trust Responsible Travel reviews because, unlike many other schemes, reviews can ONLY be written by people who we have verified have been on the holidays. In addition, we don't run these holidays ourselves - our only interest is giving you the best independent advice.