3 independent reviews for Family Lycian activity holiday in Turkey
Reviews for Family Lycian activity holiday in Turkey
Anna Williamson review 31 Jul 2022
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?Too many to mention. Canyoning, scuba diving, a beautiful day in the mountains, a fantastic guide who held the group together for meals in off-the-beat restaurants for a really special week. Thank you.
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?Bring good shoes for walking and walking in water.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Yes. Everyone running our accommodation and day trips lives locally, recommended restaurants were all locally owned and a real effort to show us more out of the way places such as burnt milk ice cream, a speciality of Gombe and kid stew in a mountain restaurant Massikytos.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?Superb week for teens and parents.
Ian Peckitt review 9 Sep 2018
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?All of the week was memorable in so many ways, a great week !
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?Just book it if you want a busy week you will not be disappointed.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?yes we had the services of a local tour guide who arranged meals out in various local restaurants for us and happily sorted any additional trips on our day off.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?Fantastic!
Saul Greenland review 11 Jun 2014
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?I loved most of the holiday and all of the activities. I thought the guide was spot on and attuned to the groups needs and level of fitness. Everybody enjoyed it, even though we were all so different. The activity that I particularly enjoyed was the canyoning. It was amazing! We walked through some amazing fields full of wild flowers and through some forests that were so quiet but full of bird song and turtles! We were shown how to jump without hurting ourselves and we were off! Following as the river flowed, jumping into pools, abseiling, swimming in beautifully blue water and just having fun. Some of the group really enjoyed pushing their boundaries and jumped of some big rocks only to come up smiling. A great holiday!
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?The hotel we stayed in is really great. They have a lovely pool and a great view from the balcony. I had an hour or two where I just sat in the sun looking over Kas reading my book. A good book is important to just relax and enjoy the sun. I would also suggest some good saddles with straps for the water adventures and a water proof bag to carry your camera. I missed out on some good shots. Try the kebabs in the little shops, they are amazing and look for restaurants full of local people, they are usually the best!
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Of course! The guides were all Turkish, we only ate in Turkish restaurants (by the way, the food is amazing) and the accommodation is locally owned. There was also these little things that I spotted, for example the hotel had a big bottle of water and they encouraged guests to re-use the ones they had to reduce on plastic wastage. Also the guide obviously cared about the environment he was working on to the extent he was saving insects from the water. He also made sure we didn't pick up turtles because they lose track of where they are going. We visited a former guide's family and we ate lunch at their house which was just a perfect break.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?Fantastic! The down hill cycling was a lot of fun and they allowed you to go as fast as you liked and I like to go fast! They created a nice atmosphere within the group and we soon all gelled and had a lot of fun!
You can trust Responsible Travel reviews because, unlike many other schemes, reviews can ONLY be written by people who we have verified have been on the holidays. In addition, we don't run these holidays ourselves - our only interest is giving you the best independent advice.