2 independent reviews for Armenia cultural tour
Reviews for Armenia cultural tour
Jacqueline Dumigan review 28 Sep 2018
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?Travelling on the cable car (Wings of Tatev) and watching the amazing monastery come into view from afar.
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?Be prepared for some of the worst "proper" roads you have ever travelled on and bear that in mind when planning to travel long distances in a day. It takes much longer than you imagine!
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?As tourists we were super happy to visit not only the capital but also slightly more off-the-beaten track places in the south and the north, visiting local attractions and eating out in local restaurants and shopping in local shops.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?An excellent holiday with a very good itinerary. It would have been useful to have been given approximate timings for days and visits so we knew roughly what time we would, for example, return to the hotel in the evening. Our guide and drivers were great and even arranged special events for us!
Valerie Lloyd review 2 Jul 2018
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?For me I think it has to be the visit to Khnodzresk via the extraordinary metal bridge, visiting the monastery of Tatev via the cable car and seeing Karahunge. It was such a beautiful spot with all the wildflowers and I saw a hoopoe! I wanted to stay for ever!
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?Be prepared for some fairly lengthy drives to go to the south and north venues. There are also many steps to climb!
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?I hope that our trip benefited local people and helped support conservation in a small way.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?I thought the holiday very good indeed. It was a new country for us, but did not disappoint.
You can trust Responsible Travel reviews because, unlike many other schemes, reviews can ONLY be written by people who we have verified have been on the holidays. In addition, we don't run these holidays ourselves - our only interest is giving you the best independent advice.