2 independent reviews for Photography cruise in Scotland
Reviews for Photography cruise in Scotland
Kim Herring review 1 Oct 2019
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?Seeing the wonderful landscape from the water enabled us to see far more than if we had travelled by road. Having a photography tutor was a bonus, and we had the opportunity to learn new things gradually over several days and with ever changing landscape as subject.
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?Pack waterproofs, and layers to cope with all types of weather. Use soft bags rather than solid suitcases as cabins are cosy and down steep stairs.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Yes as we visited several local (and isolated) communities, and used one means of transport for a dozen people.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?Excellent. The crew of three (skipper, bosun and chef) worked hard and round the clock to make the trip interesting and enjoyable. The ship was comfortable, with small but cosy cabins. Shower rooms and loos kept scrupulously clean. Trips ashore and on the water by tender were handled with concern for the safety of all guests. The photography tutor was attentive to what people wanted to get out of the trip and very willing to pass on her knowledge.
Mark Krashniak review 27 Aug 2019
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?A pack of dolphins swimming, jumping and fishing around the boat for a long time...
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?Be prepared to quick change in weather.. the sea can get really rolling..
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?I think it did on all the aspects
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?It was a great new experience spending 10 days on a small ship, with people I met for the first time..
You can trust Responsible Travel reviews because, unlike many other schemes, reviews can ONLY be written by people who we have verified have been on the holidays. In addition, we don't run these holidays ourselves - our only interest is giving you the best independent advice.