2 independent reviews for Pantanal wildlife holiday in Brazil
Reviews for Pantanal wildlife holiday in Brazil
Janet Weaver review 29 Jul 2019
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?Take a good thick fleece for wearing on the truck and the boat. Also I would recommend either a buff or scarf that can be tied around face. Speeding boats collect a lot of insects.The weather is very changeable and the wind chill uncomfortable. And plenty of strong insect repellant. The flies bite! Don't expect gourmet food or luxurious accommodation. Food and lodge facilities are adequate but very basic.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Yes to all three
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?Amazing
Wendy Briggs review 4 Jul 2019
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?Seeing beautiful cats, Jaguar and Ocelot as well as a plentitude of other animals and birds
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?You will be busy most of the time , on boats or open vehicles, actively looking for wildlife. Which is obviously a good thing! Accommodation is chosen for proximity to wildlife. Don't always expect TVs and hairdryers expect an array of amazing wildlife sharing your garden, the input of knowledgeable experts and guides , good plentiful food and friendly lodging staff. Bring plenty of bug spray and some good binoculars. A wonderful experience.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Yes, the safaris this company offer exist to support its conservation work. Accommodation was at locally run lodges and supported research.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?Fantastic
You can trust Responsible Travel reviews because, unlike many other schemes, reviews can ONLY be written by people who we have verified have been on the holidays. In addition, we don't run these holidays ourselves - our only interest is giving you the best independent advice.