Responsible travel: Kayaking holiday in Sardinia, Italy
Kayaking is a great way to explore a country, travelling at a speed that enables you to be immersed in nature, meeting local people without damaging the environment and the culture.
As guides, we set an example, trying our best to leave the smallest footprint as possible.
• We limit printing on paper and recycle as much as possible.
• We don’t buy over-packed products.
• We buy fresh local products, aware of travel miles.
• Our picnic sets are re-usable.
• We try to reduce water, energy and fuel consumption
• We use bio-degradable products as much as possible.
• Use our bikes for shorter distance travel.
Also, our group sizes never exceed 12 people, in order to give our travellers the possibility to experience Sardinia in a relaxing way. Our friendly and easy going approach ensures a good personal relationship with every member of the group, combined with being able to participate and connect with the local culture, provides a richer holiday
Travellers on our Sardinia holidays are provided with our Travellers Codes that encourage the reduction of water usage, systems for collecting, recycling or safe disposal of litter and relevant suggestions to minimise damage to the environment, wildlife and marine ecosystems.
Global adventures start with a local perspective – that's our philosophy. Whether abroad, or just as importantly at home, the start point is the same; how to create a sense of well-being and enjoyment in the holiday, while benefiting the local people, economy and respecting the environment.
From an economical perspective our policies are:
• Work with local people with fair wages.
• Buy local in small family run shops.
• We select family run accommodation, farm stays “agriturismi” and small “pensioni” with their own responsible policies.
• Never negotiate local prices.
Guardian / Observer Travel Awards 2013 - Voted 3rd in the Best Short Break Operator category - (top three in the last 4 years and winner in 2011) and 5th in the Best Small Tour Operator category - (top 5 for the last 5 years). The awards are voted for by the public and so in our eyes are a great set of awards to be recognised in!