2 independent reviews for Luxury yurt accommodation in Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Reviews for Luxury yurt accommodation in Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Kim Long review 25 Nov 2019
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?The accommodation was absolutely amazing. Everything you needed and a perfect amount of space and privacy.
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?Do it!
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Yes - the whole eco farm is off-grid and water and energy conservation is really important. This was easy to do but really thought provoking
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?The most amazing break.
Sophie Nelson review 2 Sep 2017
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?Being able to walk to a great family beach (Arrieta) with spanish holidaymakers mainly. Our teenagers felt free to go swimming, body boarding & surfing. After a day of swimming or discovering the island it felt good to come back to the Eco Cabin with its pergola and small garden with fruit trees (fig, orange, mango, apple).
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?Walk around the volcanoes in a small group with an accredited guide early on during your holiday. This will change your outlook on this amazing island and its inhabitants.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Local guides and other employees who work for government facilities were on strike during our stay. One of their complaints being that tour operators are placing increasing pressure on price reductions to keep on attracting package holiday makers. This seems to result in cleaning staff having to clean more rooms for the same salary whilst living costs go up ... Should we give bigger tips to ensure local people get some of the revenue? It is undeniable that local people work hard at ensuring that we have a good time. Otherwise, the island felt very unspoilt. The ethos at our place certainly supported the environment and even went further by discreetly suggesting to its residents to take part by recycling water, using hybrid cars etc
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?This was our best family holiday. The unusual beauty of the island, the influence of Cesar Manrique, the sea and the weather had such an impact on us that we would love to go back. Also, having no Internet in the Eco Cabin meant that the whole family read, relaxed, cooked together. We felt very privileged for having such a lovely stay.
Read the operator's response here:
Thank you so much Sophie for your lovely review. We are glad you had a wonderful stay and that you enjoyed the surrounding areas and the beach. We would love to welcoming you back again soon!
You can trust Responsible Travel reviews because, unlike many other schemes, reviews can ONLY be written by people who we have verified have been on the holidays. In addition, we don't run these holidays ourselves - our only interest is giving you the best independent advice.