2 independent reviews for Matera to Puglia cycle in Italy
Reviews for Matera to Puglia cycle in Italy
Ian Peckitt review 17 Sep 2020
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?Cliff top views on the final leg of the trip.
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?Be prepared for a couple of days with very long climbs and also a few gravel roads along the route.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Yes, the guides were both locals and the majority of the hotels were small and locally owned.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?10/10 Hard work but rewarded with fantastic scenery and fabulous weather.
Pau Bellot Pujalte review 16 Sep 2019
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?The itinerary is beautiful, except for some bits where you ride in some areas devastated by the fires in 2017. Great to meet people from all over the world. Also, is very stunning to watch the sunset in the Atlantic.
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?Expect a very leisurely pace, less than 20 km/h in average and four stops a day, and do some hills after lunch. You should expect to arrive at the hotel at 4 pm or more by the plan. The average age of the group is 55-65 years old. Generally, good hotels are chosen, however, the Literary Man in Obidos is not worth it, except for its breakfast.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?Do it with self-guided if you can cycle for 30 km around 2 hours non-stop and you want to do some exercise. The group is guided at a very leisurely pace and does four stops each day at least, adding some extra photo stops.
You can trust Responsible Travel reviews because, unlike many other schemes, reviews can ONLY be written by people who we have verified have been on the holidays. In addition, we don't run these holidays ourselves - our only interest is giving you the best independent advice.