3 independent reviews for Montenegro family holiday
Reviews for Montenegro family holiday
Mary McAveety review 29 Jul 2020
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?The rafting
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?No need for any tips. Rino the owner looked after our every need. There was nothing we could have done to make it better.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Absolutely, all local industry was supported and no abuse of the environment in the process
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?
Tony C review 15 Aug 2018
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?This was a wonderful way to see both the coastline and mountain areas of Montenegro. We had a great time, it was an active yet totally relaxing holiday. Our 9 year old loved the kayaking and snorkelling in Kotor and hiking around the lakes in Durmitor national park, our 11 year old particularly enjoyed the rafting in the Tara canyon and the boat trip and swimming in the spectacular bay of Kotor, particularly spotting a dolphin and a turtle. We loved the liveliness of evenings in Kotor and the beautiful views from the summit of Savin Kuk.
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?We were a small group of 2 families – 6 altogether and our guides were lovely, wonderful fun, friendly, caring and kind and able to be flexible. It was a great way to learn about Montenegro and its history and sample local dishes. The restaurant used for evening meals in Kotor was fantastic. Perhaps bring something from the local bakeries for lunch / snack during the activities. There is loads to do and still free time after activities and we particularly enjoyed walking around Kotor bay.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?The trip was well organised by a local family adventure travel company and communication was very good. Our guides were local, we stayed in a comfortable apartment in the old town of Kotor and a nice small hotel in Zabljak.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?Fabulous, we are grateful to our guides for making it such a special and memorable holiday, loved by all of us.
Georgie Charly review 29 Aug 2017
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?We enjoyed all of the different adventure activities we experienced and getting to see so many of the beautiful aspects of Montenegro.
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?This is a great holiday if you want to be active and experience all that Montenegro has to offer. Be prepared to fully embrace all of the activities on offer which is easy as you can 100% trust the wonderful guides who go out of their way to accommodate you and give you a amazing experience!
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?We definitely felt that our holiday benefited local people largely because our guides were local people who are naturally keen to preserve and protect their beautiful country whilst showing all that it has to offer to visitors.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?We had an absolutely wonderful time. Old Kotor was a fantastic place to be based and the staff ensured that we didn't need to worry about anything. They organised everything including all of our accommodation (which was of very high quality) our food (which was completely delicious) and all of the activities. They were so lovely and made us feel totally relaxed, catering brilliantly for our 2 children aged 7 and 9 too. We can't recommend this holiday highly enough!
You can trust Responsible Travel reviews because, unlike many other schemes, reviews can ONLY be written by people who we have verified have been on the holidays. In addition, we don't run these holidays ourselves - our only interest is giving you the best independent advice.