3 independent reviews for Annapurna trekking holiday in Nepal
Reviews for Annapurna trekking holiday in Nepal
Sinead Ryan review 13 Jul 2016
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?Reaching Ghorepani after walking up 3000 steps and then hiking further uphill afterwards. We saw the peak of Dulagiri peeking out over the tops of the clouds. Manakamana organized excellent guides so I felt safe at all times.
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?It's a fantastic experience that I highly recommend. Trekking in the Himalayas has been one of the most rewarding holiday experiences that I've done. It was tough, but worth it. Eat plenty of gurung bread and try the Nepalese rum!
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Staying in the tea houses in the Himalayas provides vital business to the areas. Locals can earn a living from trekkers staying in the tea houses. Buying goods and services there helps to support the local economy. Locals have all said that tourism has been affected by the earthquake so it's good to know that I can help in a small way towards recovery.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?Fantastic experience. I would highly recommend this company for trekking tours in Nepal.
Nicholas Bias review 24 Dec 2015
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?Views.
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?To book with a better operator. Guides were useless.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Not much.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?With better guides it would be awesome. With existing guides it's half the trip.
Read the operator's response here:
It is pleased to inform you that we always use all our efforts to make all trips smooth and pleasant for our all valued clients as far as possible. All trips are designing to provide the best service to our all customers and focusing to give the benefits for local communities by tourism, so we therefore always use local tea houses, local restaurant, local guides and porters, aware to minimize environmental impacts as far as possible and preserve the native culture during the trip, hope its plays vital role to grow up economy of local communities.
Bronwyn Russell review 17 Nov 2014
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?This trek was the first of two tours I booked. Walking to Annapurna Base camp was one of the most physically strenuous and rewarding things I have ever done. I guess the most memorable part was getting to the top! Also chatting with all the locals and tourists I met along the way. I was alone with a guide and porter, and they took excellent care of me.
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?Pack light! Only take what you need, and you always need less than you think.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Definitely. Everything was kept local, and the importance of reducing waste was observed.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?Fantastic. Really really great. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
You can trust Responsible Travel reviews because, unlike many other schemes, reviews can ONLY be written by people who we have verified have been on the holidays. In addition, we don't run these holidays ourselves - our only interest is giving you the best independent advice.