Sandra Schuler review 4 Oct 2018
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?
It was fantastic to spend time with local Maldivians and to get a genuine feel for their country and lifestyle. Another highlight was snorkelling with turtles and manta rays in the crystal clear aquamarine waters off some of the many islands. The Maldivians are incredibly kind people and their country is breathtakingly beautiful!
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?
- Go with an open mind and a sense of humour!
- Take an underwater camera or GoPro, if at all possible.
- Pack sun lotion and a T-shirt you can go snorkelling and/or swimming with. The sun is intense!
- But above all, GO! Go discover your own slice of paradise!
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?
I stayed at a local guesthouse on a local island, had a local guide, and shared several meals with Maldivian families. Part of the proceeds definitely benefited local people. My guide was very knowledgeable about marine animals, and emphasized eco-friendly interaction with species we encountered on snorkelling trips.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?
I had an EXCELLENT time and recommend the tour operator without any hesitation.
Read the operator's response here:
Thank you for taking time to write your review, it is appreciated by both myself and your guide UB. It was a pleasure to meet with you upon your arrival and
delighted that you enjoyed your local experience. Whilst we believe the best way to explore local life is to travel with a local guide, it is always great to have
this reinforced by our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the future to explore more local Islands!