2 independent reviews for South Argyll wildlife cruises in Scotland
Reviews for South Argyll wildlife cruises in Scotland
karen glenney review 29 Oct 2022
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?Skipper Ted and Chef Iggy. Ted's knowledge of local wildlife and superb navigational skills, along with Iggy's outstanding meals, made this a once-in-a-lifetime adventure. The beauty of the water and isles was stunning.
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?Be prepared for close quarters.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?I would say the holiday benefited the local economy pre- and post cruise (we shopped!), as well as supported conservation in terms of our learning about the status of the wildlife in the area.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?Truly magical!
Etta Geras review 12 Jun 2016
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?The weather was amazing but even more so were the wonderful crew - Steve, our chef - so inventive and creative. He went out of his way to make sure we all had food we loved, but also stretched our taste buds in the way he cooked and displayed the dishes. Iain our skipper made sure all needs were catered for. For example I made an off-the- cuff remark about another hook in my cabin. When I came back from my walk there it was! Another passenger had difficulty walking- he took her in the tender to find seals.Booking the holiday was a treat too - Jamie was always willing to give information. Beautiful country - right on our doorstep - I'm so pleased I took a chance on a boat trip!
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?Go and enjoy. I am not a sailor but I loved it. I found sea bands (for travel sickness)really worked. I even read books while the boat was moving.Good walking boots, sun cream and insect repellant for the midges!
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Yes - very much so. We visited local communities who rely on tourists. We were able to learn and find out about local conservation projects and how they are helping this fragile environment survive. The small boat enabled us to travel with less disruption to sea life. The crew were responsible and made us aware of how to respect the sea, and places we stopped at.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?Expect the unexpected, travel outside your comfort zone - this holiday was a sheer delight. Coming away I felt enriched - I felt better physically, emotionally and mentally!
You can trust Responsible Travel reviews because, unlike many other schemes, reviews can ONLY be written by people who we have verified have been on the holidays. In addition, we don't run these holidays ourselves - our only interest is giving you the best independent advice.