3 independent reviews for Budget cycling holiday in Spain
Reviews for Budget cycling holiday in Spain
Sally Crawford review 7 Oct 2022
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?The longer cycle rides. Great bikes scenery and tracks
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?The tracks are so good you can do more than you think but donít be embarrassed to go for an e bike which are very popular in Spain
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Yes. Benefited local economy and no pollution by the use of bikes
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?Brilliant
Sarah White review 18 Sep 2019
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?Fantastic cycling, with full support. The holiday company's knowledge of the area and willingness to listen to our needs and wants meant we had a unique experience with bespoke self guided rides.
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?Though the website for this holiday offer suggested ideas they actually can provide a very personal experience with tailor made holidays. They are excellent communicators...just ask.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?By cycling this is providing an environmentally aware and sustainable way of travelling and seeing the area. They also shared great tips about visiting local points of interest, restaurants etc.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?Excellent. Loved it and highly recommend whether you are a keen cyclist or want gentle family cycling experience this holiday company has it all.
Jude Mckenzie review 10 Jun 2018
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?The biking days were fabulous - all abit different and nothing too demanding. We loved the day following an old railway line past the old railway stations that have been reinvented as cafes. Our favourite part of each day was trying out the tapas bars that Allan recommended - a week wasnít long enough to get around them all!
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?It was warm and sunny - pack a sunhat and sunscreen. Plan to have a few days in Palamůs as well - itís got a great community atmosphere in the old town, with market days and the daily fish auction plus a lovely beach. Come prepared to try the local specialties - the sardines and anchovies do not taste anything like the ones in tins -(yuk) - they are delicious!
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Allan recommends local bars and restaurants so that must be beneficial for the local economy, We biked everywhere and so car/van use is minimal (just to transport us to the nearby villages to start our biking on 2 days). Most of the rubbish is sorted at the community level but perhaps there could be a separate bin for recyclables in the flat - to discourage people who arenít so conscious of the issue from just lumping everything together.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?Fantastic. Allan and Vivienne have got everything sorted. There is as much or as little support as you desire. We enjoyed having a drink with a group of their friends on our last night and they are very friendly and convivial people. Their knowledge and understanding of the local area and society seems well grounded in their personal experiences.
You can trust Responsible Travel reviews because, unlike many other schemes, reviews can ONLY be written by people who we have verified have been on the holidays. In addition, we don't run these holidays ourselves - our only interest is giving you the best independent advice.