2 independent reviews for Pindos Mountains hiking holiday in Northern Greece
Reviews for Pindos Mountains hiking holiday in Northern Greece
Olive O'Dowd-Booth review 4 Oct 2020
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?Seeing a young wolf running along the road ahead of us while we were driving on a mountain track through a forest!
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?The walking is amazing, but tough with lots of steep up and down (even short walks between villages involve a lot of climbing) but not scary or involving technical skills. But make sure you are fit enough and can manage rough rocky mountain trails.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Yes, we stayed in locally owned guesthouses and mountain lodges/ refuges.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?It was excellent, not only wonderful walking in a very little known area of Northern Greece, but plenty of opportunity to experience local life and visit the delightful villages in the area and walk the traditional paths and bridges built many years ago by local people. The walking was well balanced with tough days interspersed with easier days. Plenty of good local food and wine. The scenery was breath taking. Our guide was very helpful and very knowledgeable of local customs, flora and fauna as well as the mountains. Definitely 5 stars.
Jonathan Rousell review 24 Jun 2019
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?The Tymfi area had outstanding natural beauty and it would have been better to have more time there, perhaps at the expense of Gramos. Taking the trip in early June meant an abundance of wild flowers too.
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?The treks were quite challenging, some with significant ascent and descent on rough ground, so be prepared for longer days.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Yes in part.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?Very good. Excellent local guide, welcoming villages, beautiful nature and well constructed itinerary.
You can trust Responsible Travel reviews because, unlike many other schemes, reviews can ONLY be written by people who we have verified have been on the holidays. In addition, we don't run these holidays ourselves - our only interest is giving you the best independent advice.