Chris Sledge review 30 May 2022
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?
When the people running a new Lebanese restaurant in Tbilisi insisted on photographing my wife for their own publicity purposes ( Well, despite her
advancing years she is still very good looking, as they would have observed )
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?
If you are booking with this tour operator:
- check the itinerary carefully. We altered ours in the interests of reducing unnecessary car mileage
- get them to send the final details and the invoice well in advance of your trip. They were very late in invoicing us; they rang us during our trip to say that the
payment hadn't arrived - and it still hasn't, because the intermediary bank is holding things up. The tour operator's fault, I'm afraid.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?
Well, we certainly put money into the local economy - but all that car travel can't have helped the environment
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?
Pretty good. Georgia is a fascinating, if rather scruffy, country. And very good value.
Read the operator's response here:
Thank you for your feedback. It is absolutely valuable for us and extremely important for our future work! We are sorry the intermediary bank made the payment procedure longer and held the payment. We contacted our bank several times during the delay (before the start of your tour), and they also confirmed the issue was with the intermediary bank which I'm afraid was beyond our control.
You kindly agreed upon credit card payment, which was much simpler and convenient option for all the sides.
I am pleased to let you know you have a 100 GBP voucher with us which you can use for any travel destination offered by us (both the Caucasus and Central Asia). Hope you enjoyed your trip and will travel with us again!