2 independent reviews for Jamaica highlights tour
Reviews for Jamaica highlights tour
Caroline Brawner review 11 Nov 2022
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?It was all good.
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?Weather can affect plans. Hotels vary in quality. Often no internet in the rooms, only main areas. So many new foods to try. The people are very friendly (but always ask before taking their picture!).
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?A bit--more yes than no.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?Very enjoyable
Keith Jeremiah review 30 Nov 2019
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?Very difficult to single out one element. The thing that made the holiday successful was the wide range of activities crammed into a short period.
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?Be prepared for the variety of accommodation from rustic to fairly luxurious. Tourist areas price in US dollars; out of the way places in Jamaican dollars; withdraw a moderate amount of each at ATMs as you go rather than trying to guess how much of each to take at the start; local exchange rates vary a lot. Use a credit or debit card which doesn't penalise you for cash withdrawals, as this is likely to be more frequent than paying direct by card. As a couple who drink little alcohol but joined most optional group activities and meals, we spent a total of about £25 per person per day in November 2019 (excluding hotel cost for extra night)If you want to fly direct from and to UK, you may need to book an extra night in Jamaica - better to do this in Treasure Beach, despite cost of transfer.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?By visiting less "touristy" places, our dollars supported the economies of those areas and their local businesses and people. It is hard to claim that our holiday had a beneficial effect on environment or conservation.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?A really interesting insight into many aspects of Jamaican history, culture and life, as well as its natural beauty. A major factor in the enjoyment was the company of others who seek this kind of vacation rather than the all-inclusive beach resort for which Jamaica is famed.
You can trust Responsible Travel reviews because, unlike many other schemes, reviews can ONLY be written by people who we have verified have been on the holidays. In addition, we don't run these holidays ourselves - our only interest is giving you the best independent advice.