3 independent reviews for Brazil holiday, Jaguar spotting & Amazon
Reviews for Brazil holiday, Jaguar spotting & Amazon
Michael Wren review 22 Jul 2022
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?All of the trip!
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?Book it ASAP!
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Yes 100%.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?We have travelled all over the world and this was one of the best!
Sara-Lu Fleming review 30 Sep 2022
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?Watching mother jaguar and cubs in trees, under trees, walking, attempting to kill a caiman.
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?Book as early as you can. Pousadas fill up and your first choice won’t be available.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?It gave many local people employment if the number of boats on the rivers was any indication.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?Our holiday was great but there were too many stressful moments because of no record of our booking in Porto Jofre. Also, our private guide in the south Pantanal was totally inexperienced and did not do his job. Too many goof ups.
Read the operator's response here:
We are happy to read that our travelers had a great wildlife holiday with even Jaguars hunting. On basis of our travelers reports, we are waiting for a more detailed report of our travelers to see if and where this particular private guide in the South may improve his skills. He works already several years. It can be also be that the expectations for wildlife after a superb stay in the North with lots of Jaguar observations was a bit disappointing, We like to comment as well that the South Pantanal is drier than other years and that some rivers and lakes are dried up or are extremely dry. This influences for sure the wildlife experience according to our local team in Sao Paulo. We therefore hope the rainy season will start on time. When you travel in South America and especially in very remote areas you may expect always some kind of surprise whatever that might be. That is part of the adventure and journey. When they arrived at the lodge in Porto Jofre the staff could at first not locate their booking but it was there and all was booked, the private boat trips, lodge, everything. Our team in Sao Paulo was in contact personally with the owner of the lodge for several days and all was taken care of together with the staff of the lodge and the local guide. We received the messages of the owner via whatsapp that everything was fine as it was booked. The rest of the travel was logistically seamless. It is a pity that only one incident in a remote area where it was very difficult communicating has made this impact. We hope the beautiful memories will remain. Creating a holiday is teamwork in many aspects of several teams, owners of lodges, local guides, specialized guide centers and by far not only the work of one operator.
Andrew Kretzschmar review 20 Sep 2022
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?My Daughter and I visited the Pantanal for the wildlife and the birds and mammals in particular and we were not disappointed. It's difficult to pick a high light but suffice it to say we preferred the northern Pantanal to the southern where every day was special.
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?If travelling to see the wildlife be prepared to put in the time - it's not like most African safari's. Don't be disappointed if you don't see what you hoped for - we tried and tried but could not find the ant eaters or armadillo's. Heh Ho we'll just have to visit again
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?I can't honestly say, nothing particularly struck me. Not knowing what to expect I was a little disappointed by the southern Pantanal - it seems to me to be one enormous managed cattle ranch.That said, one of the guides there Elias, has clearly dedicated his life to wildlife preservation which was heart warming an encouraging.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?Wonderful holiday.The logistics all worked perfectly and were seamless.You normally have to factor in aggro/delays but there were none.Two guides in particular, Elias in the South and Santos in the North were superbly knowledgeable humorous and engaging. The fact that my daughter wishes to return with her mother and I want to return for a dedicated fishing holiday says it all.
Read the operator's response here:
We are happy to hear that Andrew and his daughter had a great time and that they wish to come back again, among other for more fishing. They also told us they had lovely meals at all lodges. We like to comment that the South Pantanal is drier than other years and that some rivers and lakes are dried up or are extremely dry. This influences for sure the wildlife experience according to our local team. We hope the rain season will start on time.Further we like to add that many wildlife guides used to work at the big haciendas and cattle ranches also to protect the cattle from Jaguar attacks. Now, due to the ecotourism ,they as local wildlife experts, bring travellers to the Jaguar hotspots and as a beautiful turnaround help preserve the Pantanal wild cats and wildlife in a broader sense. They now can maintain their families as they have a new and better income and life thanks to the ecotourism. On a private tour clients are accompanied by a nature guide for translating and taking care. Due to the covid19 crisis the ecotourism has taken a big leap among Brazilian travellers as they could not travel abroad. This has been a new development. We hope that this will raise as well extra awareness within Brazil to conserve and protect their wildlife and environment.
You can trust Responsible Travel reviews because, unlike many other schemes, reviews can ONLY be written by people who we have verified have been on the holidays. In addition, we don't run these holidays ourselves - our only interest is giving you the best independent advice.