2 independent reviews for Small group tour to Western Cuba
Reviews for Small group tour to Western Cuba
Tahira Bland review 22 Feb 2018
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?Too many to name, but I am very proud of myself for the amount of Spanish I remembered after 20 years of non-use.
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?Use this trip as an opportunity to disconnect from social media. Seriously. Do not stress yourself out trying to find the nearest wifi hotspot because if you do, it will be relatively slow or difficult to access. Put the phone down and enjoy the scenery!!!
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Most definitely.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?Perfect!!!
Sue Ellen Christensen review 25 Jan 2017
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?I am particularly interested in the arts, so found these particular visits very rewarding: Las Terrazas community and artist collective; a visit to a live-in camp for young artists in several arts disciplines--dance, music and visual arts; and the community of Fusterlandia, built around the work of Fuster, which is a bit like Hundertwasser in Vienna. Also, the knowledge imparted by our guide of Cuba's history was very enlightening.
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?Have an open mind. Things are not necessarily as you might expect them to be. Much of Cuba is like the rest of the Caribbean and central America--the smells, the flora, the street life. Exchanging money is sometimes time consuming. (And bring toilet tissue.)
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?We made every effort (with the guidance and assistance of our guide) to be sure that we were good travelers and that we promoted conservation whenever possible. We stayed in local homes and interacted with the very charming and hospitable people.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?It was a wonderful experience. I have had wonderful experiences all over the world, and this was definitely one of the best.
You can trust Responsible Travel reviews because, unlike many other schemes, reviews can ONLY be written by people who we have verified have been on the holidays. In addition, we don't run these holidays ourselves - our only interest is giving you the best independent advice.