3 independent reviews for Kasbah du Toubkal in the Atlas Mountains
Reviews for Kasbah du Toubkal in the Atlas Mountains
Jane Currie review 27 Sep 2019
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?Doing a trek up through the valley..
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?Come prepared to walk as it is the most beautiful place.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Glad that our visit supported education for local girls... this was something that was actively promoted as part of the company ethos.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?We just loved the initial walk in through the main gate to find ourselves in a mini paradise... what a setting with such fabulous views. All the staff were friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble, they even arranged a birthday cake for my daughter at short notice. We had a fabulous stay and would highly recommend it to everyone.
Simon Lupini review 28 Jan 2018
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?Experiencing outstanding natural beauty with welcoming proud local people. The freshly prepared local food was wonderful. Friendly like minded fellow travellers.
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?Go to relax & experience.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Definitely benefiting local communities in a positive manner. Hotel environmental initiatives were good although local villages litter issue is appalling blight on environment, more education required.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?Excellent. Highly recommended.
Read the operator's response here:
Thank you Simon for taking the time to review your stay with us, we are delighted you had a lovely time. Rubbish is a major issue in an area where there are no formal rubbish clearance systems in place. We have and continue to work tirelessly in this area and engage with the local government to improve this area. We have instigated a rubbish clearance system and this website www.mountainpropre.org will give you an idea of all the work we have done in the area. The Kasbah has a no plastic bottle policy and we instigated this in 2006. We continue to try to help with education in this area see www.imlilvalley.com. The reality is that Imlil valley is much better (far from perfect) than many of the other valleys where no system is in place. We continue to try and work with the Toubkal National Park authorities and the local government to improve the situation. This is an area we devote a lot of time and resources to and is an area of great frustration to us but we continue to work to improve but the reality ultimately it is about education and an acceptable rubbish disposal system. Fortunately the Moroccan government has instigated a no plastic bag policy so hopefully improvements are taking place and we will continue to try and play our part.
James Osborn review 1 Sep 2013
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?The hospitality and friendliness of the staff at Kasbah du Toukbal. The stunning views from the dining room. The amazing lunches high on the mountains and relaxing on a mattress after lunch before continuing the trek. Great guide and a schedule tailored completely to our needs. We were looked after so well.
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?Use the walking sticks as the descents can be steep at times and these make it easier on the knees.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Yes I really liked the way the tourism contributed to the community and had provided amenities such as ambulance and refuse collection and also ran a charity to help older girls get a high school education funded
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?Absolutely brilliant
You can trust Responsible Travel reviews because, unlike many other schemes, reviews can ONLY be written by people who we have verified have been on the holidays. In addition, we don't run these holidays ourselves - our only interest is giving you the best independent advice.