Finland activity holiday in Nuuksio National Park
Description of Finland activity holiday in Nuuksio National Park
2022: 15 May, 16 May, 17 May, 18 May, 19 May, 20 May, 21 May, 22 May, 23 May, 24 May, 25 May, 26 May, 27 May, 28 May, 29 May, 30 May, 1 Sep, 2 Sep, 3 Sep, 4 Sep, 5 Sep, 6 Sep, 7 Sep, 8 Sep, 9 Sep, 10 Sep, 11 Sep, 12 Sep, 13 Sep, 14 Sep, 15 Sep
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) holiday so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
Planet- All of the transportation on this ecological holiday is done mostly by bicycle and once by train to minimize the total carbon emissions of moving.
- This tour is carried out in a national park, which is a unique and protected piece of nature for the Finnish people. It is also an important part of the Finnish way of preserving nature and the environment.
- Every activity on this tour is "human powered". This means that in the activities like example paddling, hiking or cycling you only move with the power created by human. We have also chosen activity suppliers that have a strict ecological approach when moving in nature.
- All of the meals included in the tour are vegan, vegetarian and/or prepared from local ingredients. This reduces the carbon emissions generated in the production and in the transport of the food. On this tour you will also gather food from the forest and most importantly, learn what there is to eat.
- Every accommodation in the tour has an ecological certification which means that they are fully committed into operating ecologically throughout their services.
- All of the suppliers in this tour share the same sustainable and environmental values as us. Together we are committed to reduce the impact to the environment in many ways, for example in this product by using low carbon or renewable energy, recycling and reducing waste (bio, plastic, metal, cardboard, etc.) and using old building materials or creating carbon sinks by using wood in the construction of new accommodation services.
- A carbon footprint for this tour has been calculated. More information is available by the tour provider.
People- This tour provides authentic local culture by introducing the guests to local nature of the National Park and its products as well as Finnish mythology and folk tales.
- Our guests will visit a nature center to learn about Finnish nature, its seasons and the local's relationship with it.
- On the tour our guests visit rural areas where local restaurants, cafes and other services are used.
- Every guide on this tour is a professional and local guide. This makes the experience better and safer to our guests as well as increases the local employment. It also gives our guests a chance to get to know with many locals along the tour and have a talk with them.
- This tour is only done in small groups so that our guests can spend real time with locals as well as locals have a chance to be empowered by the guests visit to their home area.
- All of the suppliers of the tour are tested and audited and they are following the local laws and regulations considering workforce, human rights and any other social, cultural or economical aspect.
Popular similar holidays
From £2299 6 days including UK flights
A wilderness camp adventure in Finland