Helsinki to Porvoo cycling holiday in Finland
Description of Helsinki to Porvoo cycling holiday in Finland
2022: 15 May, 16 May, 17 May, 18 May, 19 May, 20 May, 21 May, 22 May, 23 May, 24 May, 25 May, 26 May, 27 May, 28 May, 29 May, 30 May, 31 May, 1 Jun, 2 Jun, 3 Jun, 4 Jun, 5 Jun, 6 Jun, 7 Jun, 8 Jun, 9 Jun, 10 Jun, 11 Jun, 12 Jun, 13 Jun, 14 Jun, 15 Jun, 16 Jun, 17 Jun, 18 Jun, 19 Jun, 20 Jun, 21 Jun, 22 Jun, 23 Jun, 24 Jun, 25 Jun, 26 Jun, 27 Jun, 28 Jun, 29 Jun, 30 Jun, 1 Jul, 2 Jul, 3 Jul, 4 Jul, 5 Jul, 6 Jul, 7 Jul, 8 Jul, 9 Jul ...
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) holiday so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
Planet- The transportation during this sustainable tour is done by public transport or bicycle to minimize the carbon emissions when moving around as well as to increase the demand for more sustainable moving options in the Helsinki metropolitan area.
- All activities on this tour are powered only by the human body, for example paddling and cycling. This is a great way of exploring the nature in a way that doesn't exploit it. We have also chosen only activity suppliers that know how to move in the nature as well as have a strict approach when it comes to preserving the environment.
- All of the meals included in the tour are vegan, vegetarian and/or prepared from local ingredients. This reduces the carbon emissions generated in the production and in the transport of the food. Also on this tour smaller group sizes and smaller meal suppliers make it easier to reduce the food waste. For example the accommodations on this short break offer local products, like coffee, on their breakfast and our guests will be served food prepared by local people.
- Every accommodation in the tour is certified or it has taken concrete steps towards a greater sustainability on a daily basis.
- All of the suppliers in this tour share the same sustainable and environmental values as us. Together we are committed to reduce the impact to the environment in many ways, for example in this tour by using low carbon or renewable energy, recycling and reducing waste (bio, plastic, metal, cardboard, etc.), saving natural resources like collecting and using rain water, using old building materials or creating carbon sinks by using wood in construction of buildings as well as teaching our guests to cultivate herbs so that food grown in home would increase.
- A carbon footprint for this tour has been calculated. More information is available by the tour provider.
People- This tour provides authentic local culture with visits to historically and culturally important sights such as the Old Town of Porvoo, which is a recognized as a Finnish national landscape. It plays a huge role in the Finnish history and offers a unique chance to understand the way Finland is constructed.
- A visit to a local farm house gives our guests an opportunity to learn about the way of life now and before.
- Local culinary and food play an important role on this tour. For example guests learn how to cultivate self-sufficient herbs.
- Our guests visit rural areas where local restaurants, cafes and other services are used.
- Every guide on this tour is a professional and local guide. This makes the experience better and safer to our guests as well as increases the local employment.
- This tour is only done in small groups so that our guests can spend time with locals as well as locals have a chance to empower by the guests visit to their home area. For example a visit to the local farm house introduces our guests to local people.
- All of the suppliers of the tour are tested and audited and they are following the local laws and regulations considering workforce, human rights and any other social, cultural or economical aspect.
Popular similar holidays
From €1200 8 days excluding flights
Exclusive Karelia à la Carte, Finnish Cuisine Tour
From €915 - €1120 4 days excluding flights
Multi-activity tour by train and bicycle in Southern Finland