Finland summer activity holiday, Hämeenlinna to Turku
Price in double/twin room 1420€-1800€/person, single supplement +400€/person.
A minimum number of 4 people required.
A minimum number of 4 people required.
Description of Finland summer activity holiday, Hämeenlinna to Turku
For departure dates contact us on 01273 823 700
1 Reviews of Finland summer activity holiday, Hämeenlinna to Turku
5 out of 5 stars
Reviewed on 08 Aug 2023 by Jeremy Parker
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?
Really enjoyed the cycling trip round the archipelago, but also just fitting into Summer Holiday life in Finland - saunas, swimming in lakes, etc...
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?
Just relax - holidaying in Finland is very easy; food, transport and accommodation all great.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?
It was really nice to travel round on public transport and bicycles, etc, which did feel like a more sustainable way to travel. Nice to also support local hotels which made it feel like a really bespoke holiday. Brilliant also to have local guides for the tours - such interesting and friendly people!
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?
Brilliant - just need to head back for Winter visit (planning underway!)
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) holiday so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
Planet- Transportation on this sustainable holiday is done by public transportation, such as train and bus or by bicycle to minimize the carbon emissions of travelling.
- Activities on this tour are carried out in a sustainable fashion which means that only human body and its power is used, for example in paddling and cycling. We have also chosen activity suppliers that have a strict ecological approach when it comes moving in nature.
- Meals included in the tour are vegan, vegetarian and/or prepared from local ingredients. This is an example of what people are used to in the Archipelago area as the food used in meals are locally produced. This reduces the carbon emissions generated in the production and in the transport of the food.
- Accommodations in this tour are certified or have taken concrete steps towards a greater sustainability on a daily basis, such as reducing plastic, water and energy consumption.
- This tour takes partly place in the Archipelago of Finland which is environmentally a significant area as it shows an example of how sustainability can be reached in the most vulnerable places.
- All of the suppliers in this tour share the same sustainable and environmental values as us. Together we are committed to reduce the impact to the environment in many ways, for example in this tour by using low carbon or renewable energy, recycling and reducing waste (bio, plastic, metal, cardboard, etc.), saving natural resources like collecting and using rain water, using old building materials or creating carbon sinks by using wood in construction of buildings.
- A carbon footprint for this tour has been calculated. More information is available by the tour provider.
People- On this tour our guests are provided with authentic local culture with visits to historically and culturally important sights like the UNESCO World Heritage site Old Rauma. Guests are also introduced widely to local history and culture throughout the tour.
- Guests will be closely in touch with local cuisine, especially in the Finnish Archipelago where food is used to produce locally throughout the history.
- On the tour our guests visit rural areas where local restaurants, cafes and other services are used. This gives the local people a chance to use more wide range of services.
- Every guide on this tour is a professional and local guide. This makes the experience better and safer to our guests as well as increases the local employment.
- This tour is only done in small groups so that our guests can spend time with locals as well as locals have a chance to be empowered by the guests visit to their home area.
- All of the suppliers of the tour are tested and audited and they are following the local laws and regulations considering workforce, human rights and any other social, cultural or economical aspect.
Popular similar holidays
From €850 - €1159 4 days excluding flights
Multi-activity tour by train and bicycle in Southern Finland