Helsinki short break in Finland
Price in double/twin room 1130€/person and in single room 1230€/person.
Description of Helsinki short break in Finland
This trip can be booked from between the spring and mid October
1 Reviews of Helsinki short break in Finland
5 out of 5 stars
Reviewed on 21 Jun 2022 by Rebecca Kurt Koski
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?
Punkaharju and the tour with guides
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?
Pack less and layer.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) holiday so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
PlanetAll of the transportation during this tour in Helsinki is done by electrical train, or by bicycle to minimize the carbon emissions when moving around.
- This tour introduces our guests to the "greener" side of Helsinki as well as its surroundings. It also creates a bigger demand for these areas to be developed by the city even more. Also moving by bicycle increases the amount of people using bicycle roads which helps the city to make more environmental decisions in their future planning.
- Every activity on this tour is "human powered" which means that there is no other source of power used than the human body, for example paddling and cycling. The chosen activity suppliers have a strict ecological approach when moving in nature.
- All of the meals included in the tour are vegan, vegetarian and/or prepared from local ingredients. This reduces the carbon emissions generated in the production and in the transport of the food. It also leads to more people using vegetarian meals which makes it more easily available in the future.
- Every accommodation in the tour is certified or it has taken concrete steps towards a greater sustainability on a daily basis.
- All of the suppliers in this tour share the same sustainable and environmental values as us. Together we are committed to reduce the impact to the environment in many ways, for example in this tour by using low carbon or renewable energy, recycling and reducing waste (bio, plastic, metal, cardboard, etc.), saving natural resources like reducing energy consumption and using renewed building materials.
- A carbon footprint for this tour has been calculated. More information is available by the tour provider.
PeopleThis tour provides authentic local culture with visits to historically and culturally important sights in Helsinki as well as introducing our guests to Finnish architecture, music and arts in Tuusula. Also local culinary plays an important role on this tour.
- Tuusula is an important cultural location as it has been the center of Finnish artists homes and many of the most recognized artists and their work has origins in this area.
- Helsinki, as the capital of Finland has a role of being the center of the Finnish history, design, architecture and much more. It offers our guests a good general understanding of Finland.
- On the tour our guests visit rural areas where local restaurants, cafes and other services are used.
- Every guide on this tour is a professional and local guide. This makes the experience better and safer to our guests as well as increases the local employment.
- This tour is only done in small groups so that our guests can spend time with locals as well as locals have a chance to be empowered by the guests visit to their home area.
- All of the suppliers of the tour are tested and audited and they are following the local laws and regulations considering workforce, human rights and any other social, cultural or economical aspect.
Popular similar holidays
From €1922 - €2035 11 days excluding flights
Active holiday for naturelovers in lake district of Finland