Thailand trekking & rafting holiday, tailor made
Description of Thailand trekking & rafting holiday, tailor made
Departures can be arranged to suit you between November - March and July - September with a minimum 2 people.
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) holiday so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
PlanetWe are committed to running our business and tours in a way that is environmentally, culturally and socially responsible. We encourage our guests and suppliers to work with us to travel and operate in a way that conserves and protects the areas we visit and bring positive benefits to local communities. We are therefore committed to continual improvement in our environmental performance, preventing pollution and minimising our effects through a complete programme of annual reviews of our expeditions and try to make our activities environmentally and socially positive.
Our local agents do this in a number of ways including:
- To greatly reduce our impact on the environment there will be a maximum of ten team members. This allows guests greater opportunity for local interaction and to experience cultures first hand. It also helps to minimise the damage associated with large scale tourism.
- We resource our trips with locally produced goods wherever possible that is then prepared and used in reusable containers thus reducing wastage and excess packaging for food, water and equipment.
As well as the effect we can have on local cultures we also ensure that we consider environmental, cultural, economic and political issues in the planning stage of an expedition.
Further considerations are:
- Achieve zero litter, and when appropriate remove local litter.
- Avoid pollution from our camp and accommodation activities.
- Achieve zero damage and impact to local flora and fauna.
- Encourage understanding of the local environment and its fragilities.
- Encourage the eating of local foods, preserving traditional farming practice.
- Encourage the use of biodegradable products especially washing products.
- Ensure good practice on all toilet activities, avoiding pollution to water courses.
- Ensure waste is minimized and recycled whenever possible.
- Minimise the use of water.
Our commitment to our environmental policy extends to our working environment. All staff recycle and make business decisions with an ethical dimension such as using public transport and maximising the use of email. We are committed to running a business that has as little environmental impact as possible.
PeopleWe support the local community by training and employing local guides which has the double benefit of reinvesting in the country and local community as well as providing guests with an invaluable insight into and understanding local culture, customs and etiquette. We treat every person associated with this trip with equal respect and expect clients to do the same.
- Wherever possible we select small, locally owned accommodation and camps and local restaurants and markets for servicing our trips thus putting revenue back into local, often very remote communities.
Popular similar holidays
From £1399 14 days excluding flights
Elephant encounters, jungle treehouses and stunning Thai islands