3 independent reviews for Kayaking holiday in Montenegro
Reviews for Kayaking holiday in Montenegro
Christine Todd review 26 Aug 2018
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?The opportunity to view the area from the water. I'm not one for sitting doing nothing on holiday and the four days of Kayaking the bay, taking in different villages and sites was a wonderful experience. It was a joy to have a kayak guide who was both knowledgeable about the local area and enthusiastic to be out on the water.
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?Be patient! with the visiting cruise ships the town can be a little overcrowded at times and the narrow roads surrounding the towns were really not designed for the level of tourism in place so a short car trip can take a long time.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?The holiday benefited the local company, who looked after us very well. It was sad to see so much plastic rubbish on the beaches and in the water but we did out best to clear some of it on our daily paddle.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?Great holiday, well organized and the kayak guides very knowledgeable and fun to be with. We wanted to make a last minute change to our final day and this was accommodated without a problem. The only drawback was not having a clear understanding how long we would be out paddling each day but I guess this depends on the conditions on the day and the abilities of the group. There was just my husband and I on our trip so were able to organize a pick up time each day to suit ourselves.
Fiona Moss review 6 Aug 2016
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?Hard to choose as the whole trip was so enjoyable. The team at the operator made me feel so welcome. They tailored the trip to my needs and checked in with the throughout my stay to ensure that everything was ok.
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Yes
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?Excellent will definately recommend the operator to my friends!!!
Sue Morris review 22 Oct 2015
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?Our best day was our longest day kayaking on Kotor bay. The sea was as calm as a mill pond and the scenery was absolutely stunning. Toni took us to various islands and it was a really fantastic day.
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?We weren't sure what to expect regarding the accommodation and meals. We had a lovely apartment just inside the old city walls. We ate in the family's restaurant each evening which had an excellent fish menu and fabulous steaks. We were given a large package of food for our breakfasts but could have eaten breakfast in the restaurant if we wished. The food they provided was a continental breakfast of bread, cheese, salami & cold meats, jam & eggs.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?The holiday was run by a local family. Their restaurant used local produce and the staff were mostly from the area.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?Excellent! Sanja, Rino & their team couldn't have been more attentive and made it a fabulous holiday!
You can trust Responsible Travel reviews because, unlike many other schemes, reviews can ONLY be written by people who we have verified have been on the holidays. In addition, we don't run these holidays ourselves - our only interest is giving you the best independent advice.