2 independent reviews for Annapurna Circuit and Tilicho Lake trekking holiday
Reviews for Annapurna Circuit and Tilicho Lake trekking holiday
Marius Caramiciu review 30 Oct 2022
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?Meeting the local people.
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?Be prepared for the trek. Have the right equipment.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Yes.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?5 star.
Jane Crashley review 29 Aug 2013
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?Achieving my goal of finishing the trek
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?Not to use this trekking company. I was not told this was the off season and I would not get to view the mountains which is a large part of the reason for doing this trek and I was charged full price I was able to talk to other tourists who were given a much better price because they knew how much it was really worth because they had talked to other tourist. So I came away feeling very stupid for being so trusting.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Due to being charged so much for my trek I was unable to afford to do much else. I ws still expected to tip my guide and porter. I found out that they received a fraction of the money I paid. I was was charged first rate for third rate accommodation. I could reccomend nepal as a trustworthy place to vist. It is also highly polluted by its own people there is rubbish strewn all along the trek
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?Nepal is a stunning country but it is being undermined by pollution and corruption. There seems to be an attitude that its ok to overcharge tourists because they are seen as rich by comparison. I saved a long time to do tjid as it's been a dream of mine but I came away feeling cheated
Read the operator's response here:
Hi Jane, Thank you very much for the submitted your views in the responsibletravel.com . First of all we would like to remind you that you have purchased the package trip of Annapurna circuit trek as per your traveling plan and interest and we organized accordingly. You have received our fully services as per mentioned on the package list which we were deal with you on the purchasing period of trekking program. As far as the matter of views, it depends on weather condition, which times it would be cloudy or crystal or raining that depends on the nature of weather that is our beyond control. It can be changed at any time not only this month, it could be the period of Oct& November too. We are government authorized company, so its has more responsible to care and make the safety for all our valued clients during the trip,therefore those amount will be paying extra rather than free lands tourists (It means self walking on the trail at their risk) or organized trip with unauthorized companies because when they will achieve the problems like high altitude problems, sick,accidents etc during the journey, in this time, they will definitely realize why I came to alone on the trip or organized the tour with unauthorized company instead of authorized company. Finally, we assure you of our best service at all times and always put all our efforts to make the trip smooth and pleasant for all our valued clients. With best regards, Keshav Karki
You can trust Responsible Travel reviews because, unlike many other schemes, reviews can ONLY be written by people who we have verified have been on the holidays. In addition, we don't run these holidays ourselves - our only interest is giving you the best independent advice.