Cyclades islands sailing holidays in Greece
Description of Cyclades islands sailing holidays in Greece
Check dates, prices & availability
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) holiday so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
PlanetOn this sailing trip, we try to minimize our footprint on the environment in the following ways:
- We use the sails as much as possible (weather permitted) so that we avoid using the yacht's engine if it is not necessary. This way we try to minimize water pollution.
- We recycle our trash on board and wait until we reach the next island to unload them from the yacht and throw them at the appropriate trash bins
- We avoid the use of plastics (dishes, cups etc) and we make sure that no rubish is thrown in the water
- We inform our travelers about the marine wildlife and how we can protect it and resperct it while on board
- Our yacht has solar pannels in order to reduce engine usage. Instead we try to be self sufficient on board just with the solar energy
- We minimize the water consumption on board as much as possible
PeopleOn all our trips, our aim, besides protecting the environment is to support the local communities.
Although some of the meals are provided on board, mostly breakfasts and a couple of lunches, we do not provide any dinners on board so that guests can visit local restaurants upon docking at the islands and support the local communities. We often give them suggestions about several restaurants that we know are family run and share the same ethos with us.
When on the islands, we inform our travelers about potential local craftsmen and artisans where they could purchase souvenirs from. For example, on Kythnos island we encourage them to take a pottery class and purchase pottery from a local artisan or handmade soaps and cosmetics from a local lady. In general we try to take travelers to the shops where local producers sell their products and encourage them to buy something and support them.
All our crew is local and is paid with fair wages, in order to support the local community directly.