Morocco short break holiday, 5 days
Description of Morocco short break holiday, 5 days
A 4 night short break to experience the highlights of what Morocco has to offer. From noise, colour and smells of the Souks & Medinas to the stunning journey through the backdrop of the Atlas Mountains. This is tour is a great introduction to those that have never been to Morocco or only have a short time in which to become acquainted with this mystical and magical country.
Your holiday includes:
* 4 nights accommodation on bed & breakfast basis at KECH hotel 4* or similar depending on availability
* City tour of Marrakech & Entrance fees to monuments
* Guide for city tour of Marrakech & excursion to Atlas Mountains.
* Transfer Marrakech airport/hotel/airport
* Cooking class
* Meals as specified (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
* Services of our local agents in Morocco
Your holiday excludes:
* International flight tickets & airport taxes
* Any meals not specified
* Anything not stated above
* Travel Insurance
* Tipping for guide, driver and hotel staff
* Porterage at airport
* Personal expenses
|Day 1:||Depart on your outbound UK flight to Marrakech. Upon arrivalyou will be met by your driver guide and transferred to your hotel. Check in and the evening and dinner is at your leisure.|
|Day 2:||Enjoy a guided tour of Marrakech, the day’s highlights include: El Bahia Palace, standing in a 2-acre garden, a haphazard arrangement of secret luxury rooms opening on to inner courtyards. Explore Souks, a riot of colour, noise and activity. Continue to Djemâa El Fna square, in the past a centre for public meetings and even riots, today it provides constant ever-changing entertainment. It is a square where a real image and the charm of Moroccan folklore is operating: story tellers, snake charmers, acrobats, folkloric bands. Return to your hotel for dinner at leisure and overnight. (B)|
|Day 3:||Head out for a day excursion to the Atlas Mountains. From Marrakech take the road to Amizmiz up to the Lalla Takerkoust Dam. Continue through villages, Kasbahs and experience the way of life of the locals. Continue to Relais du lac, for the views from the dam. En route back to Marrakech, visit a Berber family house and have tea with them. Experience the way of life and their way of cooking such as women preparing the bread and a Berber tagine. Return to your hotel for the evening at leisure. (B)|
|Day 4:||Today is entirely at your leisure to explore or relax and enjoy the hotel facilities. Head out to the souk for souvenir’s to take home. (B)|
|Day 5:||You will be met at your hotel to and transfer to Marrakech airport for your return flight. (B)|
Planet and peopleOur ground agent in Morocco is committed to the sustainable development of the local tourism industry and they push their suppliers to preserve the nature and planet by identifying new methods for waste disposal, recycling, energy saving and other environmental initiatives. For example, the Bio Aromatic garden situated about 22 miles from Marrakech city centre in the region of Tnine Ourika contains about 40 different species of medicinal and aromatic plants from the region. The production of these plants is strictly biological (no chemicals).
Our ground agent also aims to make a positive impact upon the environment and the local community in the area of the Atlas Mountains with the partnership of local associations. These associations have a non lucrative goal, and their objectives are:
• Promotion of schooling in the area
• Participation in the improvement of the infrastructure
• Participation in the development of agriculture in the area
• Sensitising and mobilisation of the inhabitants, especially young people and the rural woman
• Sensitising with the safeguarding of the natural resources.
• To come to assistance of the rural woman (to fight tale illiteracy, to improve its way of life).
• To level establishments of pre-school.
Their aim is to assist clients to actively participate in one of these associations local projects that will be of help to local people. Projects are numerous and could be integrated into an excursion day to the Atlas Mountains, this is very rewarding to each one of the participants.
As a company their policy is to use local suppliers, they will never ask a caterer from Marrakech or elsewhere to work in a village up in the mountain - they give this part of the business to locals that are trained to fulfil our standard of service.
Examples of CSR projects that they have already achieved:
- Sponsor of school building in the village of Agergour in the region of Asni (1 hour drive from Marrakech). The official opening of the school was done with clients and the local community.
- Sponsor of 2 incinerator buildings, to destroy garbage that is collected from the mountains by the locals in the village of Imlil. The day when the incinerators started functioning the participants built adobe walls to protect the structure. They had lunch in the village with local dignitaries.
- Charity: every year they manage to sponsor the buying of school bags (+/- 200 pieces) that are sent to local association for distribution.
- Olive tree planting
More project ideas which clients can participate in are:
• The building of a community hamman (bath house)
• The clearing and marking of paths for the mules to help villagers bring water or carry a burden.
• To equip the local schools for adult illiterates: tables, chairs….
• Building benches with cement and stones in the local schoolyard.
• Strengthening the local irrigation canal.