Vegan yoga retreat in Spain
Set in a beautiful retreat centre in the mountainous Valencian countryside, this is one of our most popular yoga retreats with guided-walks and meditation sessions. All food is organic, vegan and locally-sourced.
Description of Vegan yoga retreat in Spain
Check dates, prices & availability
You get up, and go through the motions: commute, work, commute, sleep. Until one day, you dont. You wake up and the sun is shining for the first time...
The word yoga for some still conjures up the stereotype of chanting hippies in headbands; a very outdated and actually pretty offensive idea. What y...
Travelling by train
From London St Pancras on Eurostar to Paris. Then train to Barcelona travelling onto Valencia or Alicante. Then bus to Retreat. via Valencia: Estimated journey time 14h 2m. Estimated journey cost 261 - 543. Via Alicante 15h 37m. Estimated journey cost 261 - 552.
Our partners behind this holiday promote inclusivity on all their trips and across their business and we are all committed to ensuring travellers face no discrimination on any part of the trip they control.
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) holiday so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
Planet- We actively recycle and the nearby village has recycle bins which we use regularly to recycle plastics, glass, paper, cardboard. We provide bins for recycling paper, plastics and glass in the kitchen for guests to use here.
- We do not print brochures - instead we provide all of our information electronically via the internet.
- Any information we do print is printed on paper from sustainable forestry.
- All washing is done at low temperatures.
- We encourage awareness for responsible usage of electricity and water. We also have solar panels.
- Nearly everything here is locally sourced so as to limit transport and so minimise effects on the environment and minimise packaging waste.
- Nearly all of our lighting is with energy saving light bulbs again to reduce the impact on the environment.
- Our yoga products are friendly to the environment. Our yoga straps are made from organic cotton so that pesticides and other chemicals have not been put into the earth where the cotton was grown. The yoga mats that we use are made from non-harmful plastics as well.
- We are very much involved in a local charity called APROP.
- We provide information on local walking routes here in the Valencian countryside to guests who come here. A beautiful guided hike is offered directly from the retreat location (no driving necessary).
- Our permanent staff live locally.
- All of our foods are organic. These means that the foods are grown in an environment that is free from pesticides, chemical fertilizers and other products that are harmful to the environment, to the soil and to the consumer. Organically grown food is also higher in vitamins, bioflavinoids and other nutrients that are anti-oxidant. Our aim is to truly create a healthy environment where our guests and the soil can thrive.
- All meals are plant-based (so there's less encouragement of carbon emissions).
- We encourage a group transfer for our guests.
People- We work hard to maintain two of the foundations of yoga practice - Yama and Niyama which are rules for social and moral conduct. It is therefore very important for us to have a positive connection with the local people in our community.
- Our staff are local. Our head chef prepares the most amazing healthy and delicious food that you can imagine and lives in a local village called Benirrama. Our housekeepers are local too. Our handyman and gardeners are from the village as well. The drivers we recommend live in the Valencian Community.
All of our fruits and vegetables are organic and sourced from local farmers. Most of it comes from a well known local organic farmer called Joan who grows everything on two large plots in the Valencian countryside within 25km of the retreat. We also have organic Valencian lemons growing here on the retreat centre and they are the most delicious lemons we have tasted! Using these local farmers for fresh produce reduces the impact on the environment in terms of transport and emissions. It also means that our food is much fresher and hence more healthy & tasty and it means that we provide money to the local community, which is very important to us. Our dry foods also come locally from Spain as well - some even from nearby villages too.
- All of our staff are invited to the yoga, meditation and other classes and some of our chefs are really developing as yoga students as a result.
Popular similar holidays
Spanish course & walking holiday, Picos de Europa, Spain
From 830 - 965 5 days excluding flights
Walk and talk on this small group language holiday in Picos de Europa National Park
Photography holiday in Picos de Europa, Spain
From £2500 - £2600 10 days excluding flights
Photograph North Spain's stunning mountains & wild coastline
Learn Spanish in Granada, Spain
From 310 5 days excluding flights
A variety of Spanish courses in Granada