Family eco yurt in Lanzarote
Description of Family eco yurt in Lanzarote
Perfect for families with older children, or groups, these spacious traditional yurts provide unique and wonderfully stylish accommodation on the north Lanzarote coast.
Stay at a peaceful finca with a powerful eco-friendly ethos throughout, set within landscaped grounds and set just back from the beach. The two yurts sit side-by-side in their own fenced terrace and have a private bathroom with WC as well as a fully equipped kitchen. Or, why not whip up something special on the BBQ, while the family relax on the sun loungers?
You’ll have shared access to a communal swimming pool, which is heated by solar power, and the beach with the warm sea just beyond is a few minutes’ walk. All you’ll need for a relaxed family holiday is right here: the resort is primed with everything you’d want for newborns right up to older teens, including beach toys, high chairs and a variety of games. At the resort you can indulge in Pilates or yoga, while in the surrounding area there’s an enticing range of activities from golf to mountain biking and wine tasting available.
This trendy Lanzarote yurt accommodation is self-catering. Just down the coast, a few minutes’ walk, you’ve got a charming traditional fishing village with shops and restaurants.
If you've never stayed in a yurt before, it's an experience not to be forgotten. Kids of all ages especially will love it, as well as the amenities of the wider resort where family comes first.
1 Reviews of Family eco yurt in Lanzarote
Reviewed on 10 Sep 2019 by Terrie Shaw
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?
The location is perfect. The eco village could not have been better.
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?
It was good to have a car to explore the island in. If we went again I would take advantage of the food menu on offer within the village.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?
The car was hybrid. There are arrangements for the recycling of plastic, glass etc. You can refill your glass water bottle. Waste food is fed to the chickens. Off grid electricity is used on side produced by the solar panels.
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?
Amazing. We had s great time and would return.
PlanetThe construction at the Finca de Arrieta has a low impact on the environment as it is not a permanent structure and is made simply of wood and fabric. Green credentials include, led lighting (these are low voltage), A+ class fridge, recycled wood building, use of well water, linen is changed once a week in order to save water.
Its electric is supplied from natural recourses and runs "Off the National Grid" and gives guests the opportunity to experience firsthand, living with solar panels and wind turbines and using the latest renewable energy systems. It has been installed the most up to date energy systems on offer, and they work very efficiently. The system is the largest on Lanzarote and runs on a 48 Volt system and has no problem powering the 12 dwellings on site. Other Green credentials include use of grey water, led lighting, solar pool heating, use of well water for pool, A+ class fridge, half flush toilet, organic fruit and veg and within walking/cycling distance to amenities. Local stone and trades men have helped bring the retreat to a beautifully finished paradise.
We also offer Holiday Extras which include our Paella night at Finca De Arrieta and Meals delivered you can choose vegetarian/plant-based and low dairy foods (which reduce CO2 emissions)
This particular holiday home has Solar water heater.
Other environmental practices we follow include:
- Waste reduction: We encourage recycling and have bins locally. Any organic waste can be given to our chickens.
- Conserving water: We ask client to be use water sparingly. We use our own well water which is used for the swimming pool, we also use our grey water on our palm trees.
- Conserving electricity: We use only Wind turbines and solar panels
- Encouraging wildlife: We have planted many native trees and bushes to encourage birds.
- Building materials: the entire retreat has been built using stone from the 30,000 meter estate.
- The well and water tanks which are on the land and originally used for irrigating the farm land have been fully restored.
- Measures to educate staff & guests about our environmental practices - We educate guests/staff and local schools on the eco energy system provided.
- Office practices: We have low energy lighting, and reuse paper.
PeopleWe promote rural tourism and local restaurants as well as activities (local markets, local ecological food from Lanzarote´s farmers, Traditional Canarian local shops). We also offer on arrival a hamper from a local farmer including fruits and vegetables from the island.
Other ideas we support in our work:
- Local employment: We recruit locally, use local services and suppliers such as builders, trades men, laundry wherever possible
- Local purchasing policy: We encourage guest to buy local products, fresh fish and bread deliveries and wine.
- We take measures to encourage our guests to spend locally and encourage local economic development.
- We provide full information on local restaurants and farmers markets.
- We also offer local excursions and promote the islands cultural attractions and place of interest on the island at our onsite office.
-We support and help the local community and currently support the local haria football team, the Punta Mujeres bowling club and have taken part in a animal charity project organised by the 9 Lives foundation.
Popular similar holidays
From €910 - €4000 per week (sleeps 4)
Cozy Cottage, friendly tropical eco village, swimming pool
From €700 - €2000 per accommodation per night
Wow factor Villa, 2 x private pools, Sea Views, Nr Beach