Lanzarote eco barn accommodation, Canary Islands
Additional guests are 15 Euros per night.
Stays of less than 7 nights at a pro rata rate plus 110 Euros surcharge. Included in the price: exclusive use of the Toyota Hybrid Car.
Description of Lanzarote eco barn accommodation, Canary Islands
Stay in a spacious, family-friendly eco resort well away from the busier areas of Lanzarote, with this stylish eco barn located close to a typical Canarian village. Located just steps from the beach, the detached barn has its own shaded terrace and a private, walled garden, along with stunning sea views.
This eco village is a paradise for kids of all ages, and parents seeking a sun-splashed getaway where they can relax in peace. Younger children will love exploring the large estate with its gardens, collecting eggs from the hen house and meeting resident animals including rabbits and the donkey. Beach toys, and all the little bits and bobs you need for babies and toddlers but may have forgotten to pack, are all available.
Older kids can make use of body boards, surfboards and a ping pong table – expect to get away with just one device charger the entire holiday, there’s so much for them to do.
The surrounding has a wealth of attractions and activities, from mountain biking to wine tasting, golf, volcano walking and yoga. And your hosts will make every effort to help you find excellent local restaurants and shops in the near vicinity.
This is above all a peaceful eco resort , in traditional Canarian style. Energy is sourced from the wind and the sun, and all refurbishments are carried out with locally sourced materials wherever possible. And, should you need car hire, an eco friendly Toyota Hybrid can be arranged for you too.
Enjoy a laidback retreat in the sunshine, where you’ll barely hear a peep from the kids, the little tapas bar is just a walk away, and the daily siesta is as comfortable as it gets.
View Finca De Arrieta, Lanzarote in a larger map
PlanetThe construction at the Finca de Arrieta has a low impact on the environment as it is not a permanent structure and is made simply of wood and fabric. Green credentials include, led lighting (these are low voltage), A+ class fridge, recycled wood building, use of well water, linen is changed once a week in order to save water.
Its electric is supplied from natural recourses and runs "Off the National Grid" and gives guests the opportunity to experience firsthand, living with solar panels and wind turbines and using the latest renewable energy systems. It has been installed the most up to date energy systems on offer, and they work very efficiently. The system is the largest on Lanzarote and runs on a 48 Volt system and has no problem powering the 12 dwellings on site. Other Green credentials include use of grey water, led lighting, solar pool heating, use of well water for pool, A+ class fridge, half flush toilet, organic fruit and veg and within walking/cycling distance to amenities. Local stone and trades men have helped bring the retreat to a beautifully finished paradise.
Your Holiday comes comes complete with Hybrid Car lowering your carbon emissions
We also offer Holiday Extras which include our Paella night at Finca De Arrieta and Meals delivered you can choose vegetarian/plant-based and low dairy foods (which reduce CO2 emissions)
This particular holiday home has Solar water heater.
Other environmental practices we follow include:
- Waste reduction: We encourage recycling and have bins locally. Any organic waste can be given to our chickens.
- Conserving water: We ask client to be use water sparingly. We use our own well water which is used for the swimming pool, we also use our grey water on our palm trees.
- Conserving electricity: We use only Wind turbines and solar panels
- Encouraging wildlife: We have planted many native trees and bushes to encourage birds.
- Building materials: the entire retreat has been built using stone from the 30,000 meter estate.
- The well and water tanks which are on the land and originally used for irrigating the farm land have been fully restored.
- Measures to educate staff & guests about our environmental practices - We educate guests/staff and local schools on the eco energy system provided.
- Office practices: We have low energy lighting, and reuse paper.
PeopleWe promote rural tourism and local restaurants as well as activities (local markets, local ecological food from Lanzarote´s farmers, Traditional Canarian local shops). We also offer on arrival a hamper from a local farmer including fruits and vegetables from the island.
Other ideas we support in our work:
- Local employment: We recruit locally, use local services and suppliers such as builders, trades men, laundry wherever possible
- Local purchasing policy: We encourage guest to buy local products, fresh fish and bread deliveries and wine.
- We take measures to encourage our guests to spend locally and encourage local economic development.
- We provide full information on local restaurants and farmers markets.
- We also offer local excursions and promote the islands cultural attractions and place of interest on the island at our onsite office.
-We support and help the local community and currently support the local haria football team, the Punta Mujeres bowling club and have taken part in a animal charity project organised by the 9 Lives foundation.
Popular similar holidays
From €95 - €135 per accommodation per night (sleeps 2-4)
Stunning Villa-Solar Pool-Quaint Fishing Village-On the Sea
From €120 - €150 per couple per night
360º sea/mountain views, cozy studio cottage, couples/family