Wildlife holiday in Central India
Tour can be tailored according to your preference and interest.
Description of Wildlife holiday in Central India
India wildlife tours are an amazing treat for nature lovers and for anyone else with a passing interest in adventure as they conjure up an incredible variety of experiences, least of all the chance to spot tigers, leopards, sloth bears, bison and crocodiles within a range of stunning environments.
As this particular 12 day India wildlife tour is exclusive you'll be able to take advantage of an array of luxury safari camp accommodation, with the tiger reserves of Kanha, Bandhavgarh and Pench all providing some exquisite scenes to accompany a range of comfortable facilities.
Aside from the wildlife tours, India is blessed with a bounty of ancient sites of interest with the UNESCO listed Bhimbtka caves providing a fascinating finale to this fabulous India wildlife tour.
Below are just a few of the highlights that you can expect to find whilst undertaking this private India wildlife tour:
- Big cat safari tours in India's most prestigious tiger reserves with excellent chances of seeing sloth bears, leopards and other wildlife alongside the slinking figure of Shere Khan himself.
- Explore Central India's best regarded jungle regions which are known to be the inspiration behind Rudyard Kipling's Jungle Book.
- Take a guided tour of Satpura Tiger Reserve either on foot or by boat.
- Experience an array of chances to go bird watching and embark on nature photography trips.
- Find out more about the 30,000 year old cave paintings within the caves of Bhimbetka.
- Enjoy comfortable and well-equipped luxury safari camp accommodation.
Check dates, prices & availability
36 Reviews of Wildlife holiday in Central India
Reviewed on 02 Mar 2023 by Sue SharpThe whole trip was full of memorable moments, beginning with the first safari that ended with a close view of a tiger that we watched for some time as she woke and finally ambled off. Read full review
Reviewed on 01 Mar 2023 by Martin WarrenSuperb. Was everything I hoped for and more. Saurabh as owner/guide of the tour operator could not have been better. Read full review
Reviewed on 28 Feb 2023 by Geoff HillSuperb! We loved every minute - even the early wake up calls! Everything was totally well-organised , lovely accommodations and welcoming and friendly service by the staff. Saurabh was a fantastic tour leader. Read full review
Reviewed on 25 Apr 2022 by Suzanne WillisWe saw 12 tigers through the 4 Tiger Reserves! Read full review
Reviewed on 15 Mar 2020 by Brian BoucherWe have recommended both Responsible Travel and the operator to everyone we have met back in the UK. Anyone we hear thinking about going to India we tell to contact both companies and also the amazing trip we had whilst there. We are talking about going back to see more of India next year or the year after. Read full review
Reviewed on 14 Feb 2020 by Philip MarlowThe most memorable part of the holiday was our first tiger encounter with a female and two cubs Read full review
Reviewed on 22 Feb 2020 by Karen FitzgeraldThe holiday itself was wonderful. Read full review
Reviewed on 15 Nov 2019 by Sarah GreenIt was exactly what we wanted and we thoroughly enjoyed it Read full review
Reviewed on 12 May 2019 by Lisa BoyesThe sight of a beautiful tigress walking towards us on an early morning drive was the most exciting part of our holiday. Read full review
Reviewed on 19 Apr 2019 by Gill KingThe whole holiday was an amazing adventure On the first day in Brandavagh, we saw a large male tiger emerge from the forest just next to us and slowly meander across our path! Read full review
Reviewed on 09 Apr 2019 by Barbara TorrAll our guides were very skilled at spotting wildlife & our safety was a priority. This outfit is outstanding! Saurabh personally greets all his guests. He is very knowledgeable @ the fauna, a skilled photographer & passionate @ showing travelers the real India. I can’t wait to go on another of their journeys. Read full review
Reviewed on 26 Mar 2019 by Guy Peggram5 stars - the value for money was excellent. You would be paying double the price for a similar itinerary in East/Southern Africa Read full review
Reviewed on 18 Mar 2019 by Jan DevitoDon't go expecting to see one particular animal just enjoy what turns up - it's all special. Read full review
Reviewed on 15 Mar 2019 by maria camiloThe sightings in Bandhavgarh Park were particularly rewarding, mainly a mum waiting for the cubs to find their path to join her without any apparent anxiety from her or them! Read full review
Reviewed on 05 Mar 2019 by Jacqui LichtSeeing a tiger and her cub up close for ten minutes, or so. Read full review
Reviewed on 26 Feb 2019 by Elizabeth PlomerIt is practically impossible to pick one thing out of so many - seeing a sloth bear and her two cubs was very special, watching a leopard relaxing on a rock - and that is before starting on the birds! Read full review
Reviewed on 15 Feb 2019 by Matthew WoodSeeing tigers. In particular saw tiger cub and tiger stalking deer. Read full review
Reviewed on 15 Feb 2019 by Denise BrooksThis was an amazing holiday and we would highly recommend it. Nothing can compete with local knowledge offered by local people. Read full review
Reviewed on 26 Jan 2019 by Nancy WiesenfeldI would strongly recommend this company if you want to see wildlife in India. Read full review
Reviewed on 26 Jan 2019 by Nancy WiesenfeldThe most memorable part of the holiday was on the last day in Pench we saw both a leopard and a tiger. Read full review
Reviewed on 21 Jan 2019 by Julie GrossoThe most memorable part of the holiday was watching a tiger drink water and attempting to chase a deer. I also loved the food. Read full review
Reviewed on 14 Apr 2019 by Ruth AndersonSeeing tigers at Bandhavgarh and going in the Kanha National Parks were the most memorable parts our holiday Read full review
Reviewed on 10 Dec 2018 by Jackie CrawfordOne of the best, I would not hesitate to book with this company next time. Read full review
Reviewed on 09 Jun 2018 by Tracey CannonEXCELLENT because of our guide Saurabh's attention to details. The welcome bag of goodies and welcome card was very special. Read full review
Reviewed on 22 Apr 2018 by Denise LaytenThere were so many memorable aspects of our trip that it is hard to mention just one. We saw beautiful wildlife, our accommodations were top notch, and we did not have to be concerned with any details as Saurabh took care of everything!Our holiday was great! Saurabh was a wonderful guide who loves his country very much. Read full review
Reviewed on 04 Apr 2018 by Saskia GeelenThe tigers! We had so many great tiger sightings I don't even know where to start & we saw leopards and sloth bears too! 10/10, it was truly an amazing experience! Read full review
Reviewed on 21 Mar 2018 by Manfred SpuntThe whole trip was very well organised. Each place had its own special moments and settings. Read full review
Reviewed on 08 Mar 2018 by Ann Clarke-OveryThe wildlife safaris were excellent with very knowledgeable and enthusiastic guides. The stay at Bhoromadeo Jungle retreat was amazing, with the host Sunny and his wife and team making us feel so welcome. We were taken to local markets to buy vegetables for our dinner and also took part in the colourful Holi celebrations. Read full review
Reviewed on 21 Feb 2018 by Douglas HallidayFor anyone looking for a similar trip to that which I completed I can highly recommend our tour operator. There is no doubt that luck plays a part in any wildlife viewing, but equally, if not more important, is designing a trip that will allow good luck to function. Saurabh chose the locations, the accommodations and the people who accompanied us. He acted as my guide. Read full review
Reviewed on 13 Feb 2018 by David TalbotThe most memorable moment was seeing our first ever tiger in the wild! Read full review
Reviewed on 11 Feb 2018 by Christophe JanssensThe first sighting of a wild tiger was my highlight. Read full review
Reviewed on 26 Dec 2017 by Garry OgstonThe entire holiday was an amazing experience that exceeded our expectations. If I had to pick a single most exciting part of the trip, it would be our first observation of a tiger in the wild in Bandhavgarh. Listening to the alarm calls of Sambar deer and movement in the leaf litter before her appearance just metres in front of our vehicle, something i'll never forget. Read full review
Reviewed on 19 Apr 2017 by Michael HoganExceptional, chiefly due to our guide, Saurabh Agrawal Read full review
Reviewed on 15 Apr 2017 by Jim SnowdenToo many to mention but seeing tigers, leopards and so many wild dogs close up in the wild was a wonderful experience. Read full review
Reviewed on 03 Apr 2017 by John NixonHard to mention one thing! We were incredibly fortunate to have had some stunning tiger sightings, but that aside the trip that Saurabh and our tour operator put together was out of this world. Absolutely 5 star. 10 out of 10. We were completely blown away by everything that was done for us on this trip. Read full review
Reviewed on 30 Dec 2016 by Shweta StadlerThe operator and Saurabh made the entire trip perfect. It was very well organized and catered to all our needs. Would recommend the operator to anyone who wants to discover India. Read full review
Planet1. Our environment responsibilities start right from the office. We have policy of using eco-friendly goods and paper, plus we reduce, reuse and recycle where possible. We print our office documents on both sides of the paper to reduce paper consumption. We try to keep our marketing materials at bare minimum by using modern electronic communication for marketing purpose. We also work to minimise energy and water consumption in our offices, and we encourage our partners to follow similar waste management and energy philosophies.
2. We operate with small group sizes which not only maximises interaction within the group and guides and local community but also minimises the impact on environment.
3. Our vehicles comply with strict Euro IV emissions or Bharat Stage III control regulations set by the European Union and Indian Environment Ministry. We regularly check and maintain vehicles to the highest possible standard in order to limit carbon emissions and ensure the comfort and safety of our passengers.
4. In this tour you will be staying in homestays, lodges and hotels which are safe, comfortable and operated in a sustainable way. We specifically pay attention to the lodges and camps, located around national parks for their waste disposal and eco-tourism policies.
5. Tiger reserves and national parks are covered in majority of our tours and with the increasing number of tourists in these reserves can put extra pressure on the local flora and fauna. However, we believe wildlife tourism can be an important conservation tool if used responsibly. Travel to national parks and wildlife areas can bring positive economic benefits as entrance fees contribute to the maintenance and conservation of local flora and animal species, while visitors benefit from the educational aspects of the area and take away with them an increased awareness of the need and place for conservation. Equally important tourism helps the local communities living around these reserves by providing jobs and helping them realise the importance of the forest.
Our tour leaders and drivers follow strict policy while visiting national parks to minimise pressure on Tiger Tourism. Our code of conducts is:
• We do not guarantee sighting of any particular species because this puts pressure on drivers, guides, naturalists, mahouts and other authorities. Rather, we rely on skilled naturalists and guides who are expert in deciphering jungle signs to locate the client’s dream animal/birds.
• We refrain from rushing through the jungle beyond the permitted speed in the hope of catching a glimpse of a tiger or other animal. We maintain a slow speed, which not only allows the tourists to absorb nature but it is also safe for animals crossing/sitting on the road.
• We do not go beyond the marked area for tourists inside forest in hope of better sightings.
• We strictly do not chase animals or disturb their natural behaviour for a better look or for the ‘ultimate photograph’.
• Whenever we find garbage or plastic inside the reserve, we carry it out for safe and responsible disposal.
• We maintain a safe distance from animals and do not come between parents and offspring.
• We avoid approaching nesting or breeding sites as this causes unnecessary stress to parents and young ones.
• We do not support attractions which use animals as entertainment for profit. These animals are often taken from the wild, mistreated and are trained to perform unnatural behaviours, which are not only stressful but often harmful to the animal.
Apart from above, we strictly follow and expect same from our clients to abide by the rules and regulations pointed out by Forest Department of India and local authorities.
People1. All the guides in this tour are locals. We believe that a local guide can enliven every tour with local folk-lore, snippets of gossip, names of plants and their medicinal uses. Most importantly particularly in remote villages, our guide is our host, showing us around his or her area. This helps to make our tours an experience of cultural exchange rather than a brutish trample through someone else’s way of life.
2. Accommodations used in this tour employs local people. This not only puts money back in the community but it encourages in imparting knowledge to the community about the importance of their environment and how it can be beneficial without destructing it.
3. Travellers’ visit to the historical and heritage sites on this tour will contribute to the maintenance and restoration of these unique places in a form of the entry fee. As per our sustainable travel policy, we ask that travellers respect signage, take only photographs and leave no litter or graffiti behind, even if others have done so. Do not attempt to bring home any rocks or stones or other souvenirs of the location and don’t purchase such items from vendors as this can encourage the ongoing destruction of local areas of interest.
4. We encourage our guests who visit villages or overnight there to express their thanks in the form of small practical gifts: fresh vegetables, or a blanket or jumper for a child.
Popular similar holidays
Golden Triangle with Ranthambore tour, India
From £1199 - £1299 11 days excluding flights
Brilliant experiences including Tigers and Temples
Tiger tour in India, land of the Tiger tour
From £4099 - £4449 17 days including UK flights
Wildlife tour through India
Kerala tailor made holiday, 11 days
From £1349 - £1779 11 days excluding flights
Revitalize in Kerala - A most wonderful and balanced trip