Transylvania winter tour in Romania, self drive
Description of Transylvania winter tour in Romania, self drive
This trip can be tailor made to your requirements; typically 21-28 December
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) holiday so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
PlanetThis tour takes in consideration important environmental aspects:
- The car used for traveling between locations has low CO2 emissions and uses little fuel. Also the itinerary is optimized so the number of kilometers driven is reduced.
- You will visit the bear sanctuary where previously captive bears are offered a decent habitat and by going there and purchasing tickets you contribute to the well-being of those bears. You will also learn about the bears and bear conservation in Romania.
- Most of the ingredients for the breakfast meals are locally sourced, usually produced through traditional agriculture and some of them are organic encouraging chemical-free agriculture and at the same time sustaining local jobs.
- By taking part in the dog-sledge ride and hiking in the Romanian mountains you are encouraging the development of ecotourism.
- By staying at locally-owned hotels you encourage the consumption of more of the locally produced goods rather than staying at a big chain-hotel.
People- The hotels and the rental car company are locally-owned so the income is directed to the local suppliers, this contributing to the sustainable development of the local communities.
- By traveling to small communities of ethnic minorities, such as Székelys in Gheorgheni area, can bring pride to the local people regarding their heritage and traditions and enables their wish to contribute to their conservation.
- By choosing locally-owned companies, more jobs for locals are enabled. The ice hotel uses local resources to be built and the activities which you will take part in are also organized by locals.
- We encourage traveling in small groups such as in this case as we don’t want to create demand for large accommodation facilities, especially in natural areas where they would contrast with the traditional architecture.
- The hotels where you will stay at in Sibiu and Brasov are historical buildings from 16th and 18th century and by using them you will contribute to their conservation.
Popular similar holidays
From £3700 18 days including UK flights
Explore the varied National Parks of the United States