Lake district of Finland holiday
Description of Lake district of Finland holiday
This trip can be tailor made throughout the year to suit your requirements
Nature recognises what Finland endures during the winter and adds on a hours daylight each summer, allowing the Finns to embrace it like a much loved ...
If you think holidaying by the water should about a bit more than lying on the beach and taking the odd dip in the sea, then a water sports activity h...
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) holiday so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
Planet- All of the transportation during the tour is done by electrical trains or by bicycle to minimize the carbon emissions when moving around.
- Every activity on this tour is "human powered" which means that there is no other source of power used than the human body, for example paddling or cycling. We have also chosen activity suppliers that have a strict ecological approach when moving in nature.
- All of the meals included in the tour are vegan, vegetarian and/or prepared from local ingredients. This reduces the carbon emissions generated in the production and in the transport of the food.
- Every accommodation in the tour is certified or it has taken concrete steps towards a greater sustainability on a daily basis.
- All of the suppliers in this tour share the same sustainable and environmental values as us. Together we are committed to reduce the impact to the environment in many ways, for example by using low carbon or renewable energy, recycling and reducing waste (bio, plastic, metal, cardboard, etc.), saving natural resources like collecting and using rain water, using old building materials or creating carbon sinks by using wood in construction of buildings.
- A carbon footprint for this tour has been calculated. More information is available by the tour provider.
People- This tour provides authentic local culture, such as history, arts and music. It gives our guests an opportunity to learn about the local way of life, meet local people and test living like locals. Small, local events such as markets, open house events, concerts and exhibitions are visited whenever possible.
- By bike, it is easy to stop to admire and photograph the beautiful landscape and take smaller roads.
- On the tour, our guests visit both towns and rural areas where local restaurants, cafes and other services are used. Local, seasonal vegetarian food is available throughout the tour.
- Every guide on this tour is a professional and local guide. This makes the experience more interesting, authentic and safe to our guests as well as increases the local employment.
- All of the suppliers of the tour are audited by us, we know the owners and guarantee they are following the local laws and regulations considering workforce, human rights and any other social, cultural or economical aspect.
Popular similar holidays
Finland Northern Lights holiday, Wilderness Auroras
From £1785 - £2250 5 days including UK flights
Winter activities & Aurora hunting in Finland
Lapland holiday, husky safari & log cottage
From €1950 5 days excluding flights
Luxurious log suite,northern lights & overnight husky safari
Family winter adventure in Finland
From £1730 - £1935 4 days including UK flights
Great range of activities in Lapland's winter wilderness