Yoga and Pilates holiday in Spain
Top with pampering therapies & optional 'fun but good for you' activities.
Description of Yoga and Pilates holiday in Spain
Our Yoga & Pilates holidays are a fantastic opportunity to make a great investment in your well-being & feel a difference in just a few days.
You'll have daily sessions of Yoga and Pilates with super experienced teachers, nourish your body with delicious healthy plant based cuisine, enjoy gorgeous sunshine, a guided walk, tick your pick from the optional 'fun-but-good-for-you' activities, enjoy some pampering therapies and have time each day to relax & recharge by the pool, head to the beach or explore the very pretty town nearby.
And the best bit? Do as much or as little as you want!
You'll stay at a 300-year old olive farm not far from the sea in the coastal town of Altea, an hour north of Alicante. Transfers available.
The farm sits in a quiet spot with stunning views to distant majestic mountains and just 10 minutes stroll to the very pretty town of Altea, the sea is reached in 25 mins.
The farm has been owned by the same local Spanish family for all 300 years with the current generation converting the farm into a peaceful country house hotel with 22 spacious, well equipped en-suite rooms, a pool in the garden, excellent restaurant, a light filled yoga studio, sauna & small gym and plenty of space in & out for us to spread out & relax.
You'll meet the family during your stay as they're at the hotel every day looking after their guests and making sure everything is 'just so'. We're so happy that between us - you & us- we're supporting a small family business. In fact, everyone who works on our retreats are local & so, by joining us, you're helping a number of local families to keep doing what they love :))
And, as we never ask, nor expect, our guests to share, if coming on your own you'll have your own ensuite spacious room for a small additional supplement of £75 for the holiday .. the lowest single sup we've ever seen for a retreat. Of course, if you'd like to bring & share with a friend that's absolutely fine!
THE YOGA & PILATES
Whether you're new to Pilates & Yoga or have many years under your belt, your practice will progress rapidly. There'll be separate classes each day for 'keen beginners' and 'intermediate/advanced' to ensure everyone works at a level they feel comfortable with.
You'll be taught by our super experienced teachers, dedicated to their chosen field of yoga or pilates to ensure you receive the 'pure' form of these two fantastic body shaping disciplines and not a 'yogalates' blend.
In addition to the daily Yoga and Pilates classes there'll also be 5 additional workshops where we'll focus on elements to deepen your practice. There'll be :
* 2x 'Essentials' sessions where we'll go over the basics for yoga & pilates for anyone who needs a refresher
* 2x 'Explorative immersions' for both yoga & pilates
* 1x Meditation workshop where we get to peel back the layers on this ancient powerful practice
We're very lucky to have an abundance of locally grown veggies & fruit available year round in this area & so we'll nourish you with colourful tasty plant based cuisine .. though local fish is offered some nights for those that would like it.
Each retreat includes a bountiful brunch after morning yoga where you can help yourself to a selection of eggs, fresh Spanish tortilla, local cheeses, cold cuts, fresh fruits, wholesome cereals, yogurts, breads, pastries, teas & coffee. We take supper at the hotel on 3 eves leaving 2 eves free for your taste buds to explore the local dining options as there's nothing like feeling on holiday than dining with the locals! We'll organise a meal out on one of these eves for those that would like to join us. Gluten & dairy free diets are welcomed with advance notice.
For the days when you'd like to do a little more we also have some local activities you might like to join. There'll be:
* A guided bike ride through inland villages .. a fantastic way to see more of this beautiful area
* A spot of Stand Up Paddle on the sea .. great for beginners & those with great balance!
* A sunset sea kayak with a guide .. paddle out to a small off shore island and watch the sun set with a glass of bubbly!
* Spanish cookery workshop with our hotel Chef .. learn how to create some traditional Spanish dishes that you can recreate back home
* Massages, Facials & Body treatments with our lovely onsite wellness team
All activities are available exclusively for our guests at a reasonable rate.
WHAT'S TO LOVE ABOUT THESE HOLIDAYS?
* Whether you are new to Pilates or Yoga, your practice will rapidly progress as you practice at a level that's suitable for you. Feel stretched without being pushed beyond your physical limits
* 5 additional workshops to deepen your practice
* Teachers dedicated to their chosen field of yoga or pilates .. learn from their years of experience
* Feel a noticeable difference in your body in just a few days .. better posture, alignment, muscle activation, increased flexibility & mobility and a calmer mind
* Nourish your body with delicious seasonal plant based cuisine.
* Your own ensuite spacious room if coming on your own
* A very pretty town nearby to explore during your free time
* Optional activities exclusively for our guests
* Airport transfers available from/to Alicante airport - see below
* All yoga & pilates equipment and bathroom toiletries - no need to bring everything with you, travel light!
* You choose what you want to do each day .. no pressure to do it all
* Services of an experienced Retreat Manager to ensure everything runs smoothly so you don't have to lift a finger .. we're quite serious about this!
We are so passionate about delivering the very best holiday experience we can that we deliberately limit the number of retreats we offer so that we can give you our very best attention & care. Hence our retreats ONLY operate on the dates below.
All our 2022 Yoga & Pilates Holidays are now sold out but we'd love to have you join us in 2023!
2023 YOGA & HIKING HOLIDAYS
* May 18-23
* June 8-12
* Sept 21-26
* 5 nights in rural tranquility in a spacious ensuite room. As we never ask (nor expect) our solo guests to share, everyone is given their own room for an extra £75 for the week.
* Welcome gathering on arrival where we'll run through the programme. Great way to meet your fellow retreaters.
* 90 minute daily class of Yoga in either the Keen Beginners or Intermediate/Advanced group
* 60 minute daily class of Pilates in Keen beginners or Intermediate/Advanced group
* Two Essentials workshop for yoga & Pilates
* Two 'Intensive' workshops for yoga & Pilates
* Meditation workshop in place of one evening class
* A guided walk on your first morning in nearby countryside to help you get to know the area a little better
* Fresh fruits & herbal teas each morning to help you slowly awaken before class
* Bountiful buffet brunches
* Super Healthy plant based 3-course meals on 3 eves at the hotel.
* Time each day to relax by the pool, head to the beach, explore the beautiful town nearby or join our optional activities.
AIRPORT TRANSFER SERVICE
We offer a private transfer from/to Alicante airport that aims to leave the airport on arrival day between 11.00 & 13.00 and arrive back at airport on final day for midday. Transfers take an hour & are €40 each way. We can make alternative arrangements for flights outside of our transfer times.
So this is us! Thanks for reading to the end. Hope we'll hear from you soon and even better - see you out here in sunny Spain for one of our lovely retreats :)
Check dates, prices & availability
5 Reviews of Yoga and Pilates holiday in Spain
Reviewed on 04 May 2022 by Michelle AdonisExcellent. Very well organised, nothing too much trouble, wonderful, varied selection of options to fill the day. Read full review
Reviewed on 03 May 2019 by Emma CurversThe cycling trip in the mountains was the highlight for me. The yoga lessons and Pilates lessons were also great. Read full review
Reviewed on 05 May 2017 by Jo PearsonWell organised, lovely crowd of fellow holiday makers. Read full review
Reviewed on 01 Oct 2016 by Anna Bradley(The holiday was) excellent, just maybe not quite long enough! Read full review
Reviewed on 09 Jun 2014 by Lorna FitzGeraldEXCELLANT....The super yoga and pilates classes and the lovely 12k coastal walk. Read full review
PlanetPutting People & the Planet first.
Our holidays take place at carefully chosen little hotels owned by friendly local Spanish families who, together with our retreat team, employ only local people not just because they are local, but because they are the lifeblood of the area and bring local colour and information that you'll not find in guidebooks.
These lovely local people help our holidays come alive but, in the cold light of day, we realise that we/you help keep these families together as, without your/our support, they would most likely have to separate to find work elsewhere.
Ourselves & the hotels actively recycle cardboard , paper, plastic, cans and glass using special recycling containers which guests are encouraged to use too. In addition, guest bathrooms have large dispensers of toiletries rather than small plastic bottles which need replacing more frequently & would add to the amount of recycling. You’ll also have the option to re-use the towels & linen in your room which ultimately will save water, electricity, soap & labour.
In addition to the use of low consumption light bulbs, the majority of the electricity comes entirely from the sun as our hotels have solar panels. There also have water saving devices fitted to all taps & toilets to help reduce flow & conserve water.
You'll be gently reminded to be mindful of your water & energy usage during your stay. Little things can make a big, big difference such as closing windows if using the air con, taking a shower instead of a bath, switching off lights when not in your room, opting to re-use your towels & linen and taking only what is needed at meal times to avoid food waste - you can always come back for seconds if you're super hungry!, and bringing a re-useable water bottle to avoid buying water in plastic bottles when you're here.
We are blessed to have over 300 days of sunshine a year in this region of Spain and an abundance of underground fresh water springs originating from the awesome mountains nearby. This means we have a year round supply of locally grown sun ripened delicious Mediterranean fruits & veggies that we make good use of in our retreat menus that are predominantly plant based.
In addition, one of our retreat hotels has partnered with a local olive oil producer who uses traditional methods to produce the most delicious organic oil that we use in our menus. Plus, our local town of Altea hosts an annual Eco Fair bringing together local artisans to share their knowledge and products through educational workshops, tastings & demonstrations which of course helps to raise awareness of sustainable living methods.
By coming on our retreats not only do you help support local families & their businesses but you may also like to know that you are enabling us & our hotels to support a number of charities that help local families & individuals through practical & financial support.
Organisations such as; Corazon Express that provides local families with food, practical & financial advice, the local Rotary Club & Red Cross both of whom provide humanitarian aid to the most vulnerable in our communities together with donations to local animal rescue centres who rely completely on donations to continue their work of rescuing, caring for & rehoming animals.
We encourage guests to explore & immerse themselves into the Spanish way of life by dining at local restaurants & cafes, visiting the weekly markets and buying gifts from local artisans and producers. And, if there’s a local festival … everyone’s invited to immerse themselves and taste the Spanish love for fiestas!
Ultimately, through all our actions we aim to support local communities and leave a footprint that is as light as can be.