Yoga Retreats in Valencia, Spain
Set in a historic Arabesque house within the mountainous Valencian countryside, this is one of our most popular yoga retreats with twice daily Hatha & Vinyasa sessions; organic, vegan food; meditation workshops and guided walks on offer
Hatha & Vinyasa yoga2 x daily evening Yin yoga classes meditation nutrition and philosophy workshops walking with mountain views organic vegetarian food
30% deposit, balance payable on arrival. Low season (Oct-June) from 495€ (pp sharing) to 1045€ (single). Early June & Early Sept: From 530€ (pp sharing) to 1125€ (sgl). Late June,July&Aug, Xmas & NY: From 575€ (pp sharing) to 1195€ (sgl)
Book a retreat or course with us and if government restrictions dictate that you are not able to come, we will carry over your full booking deposit to another date of your choice, giving you a year in which to decide your re-booking dates.
Description of Yoga Retreats in Valencia, Spain
|Arrival||Sunday. You’ll be collected at 13:00 from Alicante airport by our driver (you may have just flown in, or spent a couple of days relaxing in Alicante already). It’s a short journey to the retreat, where you can enjoy a delicious organic, plant-based lunch before enjoying a restorative evening yoga class.|
|Departure||Friday. Morning yoga session designed to bring together everything you have learnt over the week and give you more, followed by a goodbye brunch with the group. You’ll then be collected at 1pm and driven back to Alicante for your return flight – we recommend booking this no earlier than 5:00pm. You might even want to spend a night in beautiful Alicante before flying home.|
|Mornings||We observe silence in the morning until after breakfast. Our morning vinyasa & hatha yoga classes often include pranayama and meditation, starting at 7.30am. After this you can enjoy your delicious, organic, plant-based breakfast.|
|Afternoons||Lunch will be waiting for you at 2pm – an organic, plant-based, Mediterranean meal. There is free time after lunch to relax – bring a book to enjoy by the pool or on the balcony, take a walk through the gorgeous surrounding landscape or meditate. You can also book a massage with one of our amazing massage therapists.|
|Evenings||There is silence time in the evening between yoga and dinner. Our evening yoga sessions tend to be calmer yin classes, to relax your muscles and mind. There is also an evening guided meditation and we aim to make the meditations as practical as possible so that you can apply their benefits into your lives. And you can enjoy our final mouthwatering wholemeal dish of the day at around 7pm. Evenings tend to be pleasant here so why not take a stroll before bedtime?|
Reopening early in 2022 for retreats and Yoga Teacher Training courses. For more information please contact us and tell us about any specific dates you are interested in.
Our top tip:
It's worth completing the pre-arrival questionnaire as this will allow your hosts to tailor the yoga programme according to your needs.
Small group, max. 15 people.
Suitable for all levels.
Comfortable ensuite twin and double rooms in a Valencian house with swimming pool.
Solos welcome. Single rooms available with surcharge.
Accommodation, organic food and drink, two yoga & meditation classes a day, interesting workshops, guided hikes.
Full board plant-based meals
'Free from' food:
All of our delicious, plant-based meals are freshly made using locally sourced, organic and wholegrain ingredients. Many dishes are also gluten free. Our wonderful chefs are skilled at producing delicious meals for a range of different dietary needs. We like to see all of our guests happy.
Our retreat provides a safe and welcoming place for the LGBTQ travellers.
Travelling by train
From London St Pancras on Eurostar to Paris. Then train to Barcelona travelling onto Valencia or Alicante. Then bus to Retreat. via Valencia: Estimated journey time 14h 2m. Estimated journey cost 261€ - 543€. Via Alicante 15h 37m. Estimated journey cost 261€ - 552€.
38 Reviews of Yoga Retreats in Valencia, Spain
4.5 out of 5 stars
Reviewed on 19 Feb 2020 by Sonia LiffIt was all great! Read full review
Reviewed on 02 Jan 2020 by Achla TannaThe most memorable part of the holiday was the location and amazing veggie food. Read full review
Reviewed on 18 Nov 2019 by Catherine BarrettThe quality of the yoga teaching was exceptional. I also really enjoyed the hikes into the hills. Read full review
Reviewed on 22 Sep 2019 by Tina BrockwellThe teachers are warm, encouraging and knowledgeable and able to give advice on many areas of yoga. Read full review
Reviewed on 20 Aug 2019 by Victoria EdwardsAll of (the holiday) was wonderful but the view of the mountains was very special. Read full review
Reviewed on 02 May 2019 by Miriam RicciEverything was amazing : the lovely people and the staff, the beautiful place and surrounding area, the quality of the yoga teaching and meditation guidance, the amazing food, the hikes. Read full review
Reviewed on 07 Apr 2019 by Sherry ReedThe property, staff and program have to be one of the best I have ever attended! I felt so CARED FOR! Read full review
Reviewed on 16 Feb 2019 by Ronald BlankThis was an unbelievable week that came to a close far too quickly. We intend to do it again. Read full review
Reviewed on 26 Jan 2019 by Kristina OconnorEvery part of the holiday was great, yoga, hiking, local healthy food, amazing people. Read full review
Reviewed on 02 Jul 2019 by Monika WoodThe most memorable part of the holiday was the sunsets over the mountains right in front of the Shala. Read full review
Reviewed on 26 Dec 2018 by Jasveet JagdevPerfect from start to end... You will have the guidance of fantastic yoga teachers. Read full review
Reviewed on 30 Oct 2018 by Liz BryantThis was a truly amazing experience. All involved with the retreat are positive, welcoming and ready to share their knowledge. The surrounding villages and countryside are wonderful, the property is beautiful... Read full review
Reviewed on 08 Sep 2018 by Annie MoranAbsolutely perfect. Read full review
Reviewed on 25 Aug 2018 by David clewsExcellent experience, very powerful week in the mountains. Read full review
Reviewed on 19 Jul 2018 by Sally ScanlenFabulous, highly recommend!!...The location, the delicious food, lovely people and fabulous classes and accommodation! Everything! Read full review
Reviewed on 26 May 2018 by Ann McevoyThe yoga and the mountains were the highlight. 5 star. Read full review
Reviewed on 21 Apr 2018 by Tracey McCayThe most memorable part was the food it was delicious! Holiday was fantastic, it was a great unique experience and learned a lot about yoga and relaxing the mind. I would definitely recommend to friends and family in future. Read full review
Reviewed on 06 Mar 2018 by Shakti ThakurAll of it was memorable, the beautiful house, magical garden, beautiful mountains around, great walks through quaint villages, orange groves, mountain hikes, great yoga teaching even for beginners, amazing food, lovely people, fabulous hosts, even my husband unfit and not into yoga enjoyed it and has ordered a yoga mat...!! Read full review
Reviewed on 03 Mar 2018 by Amy OThe highlight was The beauty of location and the house we stayed in, amazing food and the people. Read full review
Reviewed on 13 Jan 2018 by Marianna PanayiotouThe holistic approach with the beautiful surroundings was the highlight. Read full review
Reviewed on 14 Jan 2018 by Stella CoxThe other guests was the highlight. Excellent trip. Read full review
Reviewed on 09 Oct 2017 by Paul HartleyBeing able to meet a friendly and supportive group of people who shared my interests and beliefs was the most memorable. Read full review
Reviewed on 18 Sep 2017 by Kate ToftAll of it! The yoga, the food, the setting, the accommodation, the people - it was wonderful! Read full review
Reviewed on 03 Aug 2017 by Sean HarwoodA hike up the valley to watch the sunrise was pretty memorable, not something I'd often do at home!...The food, just wow, I've never eaten so well! And to top it off stunning views to take in by the poolside. Read full review
Reviewed on 16 Jul 2017 by Emma PedgriftWatching the sunrise from the top of a mountain. Magical! Read full review
Reviewed on 24 Sep 2016 by Anarkali AlfredoYou won't find better hosts anywhere. Read full review
Reviewed on 09 Jun 2016 by Heather RomeThe setting is very tranquil and lovely and rather "away from it all" so you can really disconnect if you want to. Read full review
Reviewed on 25 May 2016 by Sarah WilliamsIt was great. Just what I needed. Very relaxing, great very healthy local food, great tips and advise. Read full review
Reviewed on 18 Sep 2016 by Rebecca HillIt was a lovely holiday that delivered what I wanted. Read full review
Reviewed on 21 Jul 2015 by Josie KordaThe best thing I have ever done, so so glad that I did it. Read full review
Reviewed on 22 Jun 2015 by Stephanie JonesI will and have recommended this retreat to friends. I returned to work feeling refreshed and committed to making this feeling of health and inner peace last! Read full review
Reviewed on 09 Apr 2015 by Alison PomfretI can not rate this retreat highly enough.The effort that is made to make sure everyone's level of yoga practice is accommodated and everyone is included. The attention to small details that make the whole experience one of healing, learning, happiness and joy. I left feeling energised, rested, optimistic about the future and re-engaged with my yoga practice and my health. Read full review
Reviewed on 23 Feb 2015 by Elizabeth ReubenGo for it! The employees were locals and our cook was an organic farmer. Food waste was recycled back to feed the chickens on the farm :) Eco-friendly products were used. Wonderful! A revitalising experience. Read full review
Reviewed on 21 May 2015 by Lesley BlackieNot to have to think about cooking and washing up for 5 whole days is such a treat and the food was delicious. I loved it! Would go back and recommend it hugely for a relaxing time whilst practising yoga. Read full review
Reviewed on 14 Dec 2014 by Sheila ScottWonderful - I cannot recommend this holiday highly enough: such a patient and encouraging yoga teacher and the food was delicious. I feel I benefitted physically, emotionally and spiritually. I came home relaxed and healthy and I still keep in regular contact with my new international friends. Read full review
Reviewed on 06 Dec 2014 by Maggie LambThe retreat was exactly and absolutely everything that everyone has written about it and more! Read full review
Reviewed on 21 Jul 2014 by Claire ScanlanI had the most incredible, amazing time here - it was everything that I hoped it would be and more....Namit and Maru are friendly and welcoming and Anna the chef is beyond amazing, her food is incredibly tasty, healthy and just wonderful - I cannot say enough good things about it! Read full review
Reviewed on 26 Oct 2014 by Danny GoldenA great experience and something that everyone and anyone can relish and get something important from. The week itself became a meditation. Read full review
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we screen every trip so you can travel knowing your holiday will help support conservation and local people.
Planet- We actively recycle and Benissiva village has recycle bins which we use regularly to recycle plastics, glass, paper, cardboard. We provide bins for recycling paper, plastics and glass in the kitchen for guests to use here.
- We do not print brochures - instead we provide all of our information electronically via the internet.
- Any information we do print - whether about ourselves or the charity we support - ‘People For Animals’ - is printed on paper from sustainable forestry.
- All of the cleaning products we use here are environmentally friendly. We use products from Ecover or local companies such as Ecotech and Ahimsa.
- All washing is done at low temperatures.
- We encourage awareness for responsible usage of electricity and water (with nice signs around the retreat centre).
- Nearly everything here is locally sourced so as to limit transport and so minimise effects on the environment and minimise packaging waste.
- Most of our paper hygiene products - napkins, kitchen towels, toilet paper and so forth come from European companies which are committed to the environment, sustainable forestry and to recycling. Many of the products we use carry the FSC logo (Forest Stewardship Council, an international non-profit organization established in 1993 that promotes responsible management of the world's forests, i.e. sustainable forestry) or the EU Ecolabel. The EU Ecolabel helps identify products and services that have a reduced environmental impact throughout their life cycle, from the extraction of raw material through to production, use and disposal.
- Nearly all of our lighting is with energy saving light bulbs again to reduce the impact on the environment.
- Our yoga products are friendly to the environment. Our yoga straps are made from organic cotton so that pesticides and other chemicals have not been put into the earth where the cotton was grown. The yoga mats that we use are made from non-harmful plastics as well.
- We are very much involved in a charity in India called People For Animals. They have around 36 animal hospitals all over India including one in Mysore, India where we spend winter ourselves. We talk to students/guests who come here about the nature of Ahimsa or non-violence and tell them about the charity. We also donate a small part of our profits to People for Animals too. Our work with this charity conveys very well the nature and the underlying philosophy of yoga.
- We provide information on local walking routes here in the Valencian countryside to guests who come here.
Beautiful guided hikes are offered directly from the retreat location (no driving necessary).
- Our permanent staff live locally. Our temporary staff live a short walk away from the retreat centre.
- All of our foods are organic. These means that the foods are grown in an environment that is free from pesticides, chemical fertilizers and other products that are harmful to the environment, to the soil and to the consumer. Organically grown food is also higher in vitamins, bioflavinoids and other nutrients that are anti-oxidant. Our aim is to truly create a healthy environment where our guests and the soil can thrive.
- All meals are plant-based (so there's less encouragement of carbon emissions).
- We organise a group transfer for our guests.
People- We work hard to maintain two of the foundations of yoga practice - Yama and Niyama which are rules for social and moral conduct. It is therefore very important for us to have a positive connection with the local people in our community.
- Many of our staff are local. Our head chef prepares the most amazing healthy and delicious food that you can imagine and lives in a local village called Benirrama. Our housekeepers are local too. Our handyman and gardeners are from Benissiva village too. Our drivers live in the Valencian Community.
All of our fruits and vegetables are organic and sourced from local farmers. Most of it comes from a local organic farmer called Joan who grows everything on two large plots in the Valencian countryside within 25km of the retreat.
We also have organic Valencian oranges growing here on the retreat centre and they are the most delicious oranges we have tasted! Using these local farmers for fresh produce reduces the impact on the environment in terms of transport and emissions. It also means that our food is much fresher and hence more healthy & tasty and it means that we provide money to the local community, which is very important to us. Our dry foods also come locally from Spain as well - some even from nearby villages too.
- All of our staff are invited to the yoga, meditation and other classes and some of our chefs are really developing as yoga students as a result.