Lanzarote luxury farmhouse accommodation, Canary Islands
We are able to coordinate luxuries such as VIP airport transfers, excursions, scuba diving, surf lessons, food service, sailing, etc.
We also have Environmentally friendly Toyota Hybrids to rent.
Description of Lanzarote luxury farmhouse accommodation, Canary Islands
Stay in a tastefully restored farmhouse that offers spacious and comfortable accommodation perfect for large families and groups, at this ‘eco retreat’ in northeast Lanzarote.
Sleeping up to eight guests across two double bedrooms and a twin, with z-beds and a cot available, the farmhouse has been restored using local materials, keeping its original stone walls. You’ve got a lovely beach, Arrieta, just a short walk away, and glorious sea views to enjoy, as well as everything you need for a relaxed self-catering holiday in Lanzarote.
The farmhouse is bright and airy, with a bespoke open plan kitchen in hardwood and granite work surfaces. There’s a gas oven, fridge/freezer and lots of cupboard space, while on your private terrace outside there’s also a BBQ for those wanting to get their grill on.
On this wonderfully sunny Atlantic island you really want to be outside as much as possible, so this farmhouse accommodation is perfect. Its private mature gardens contain a large, ranch-style covered terrace where up to eight people can enjoy a meal. You’ll also benefit from a private, solar heated, swimming pool (kids must be supervised at all times), and a peaceful chill-out area with a daybed and sofa. The outside area also has a private shower room, ideal for guests returning from the golden beach nearby. And from the front garden of the farmhouse, stunning views of sea and mountains.
The eco-retreat, a traditional Canarian finca, uses renewable energy throughout. Your hosts will be happy to reserve activities for you such as boat trips, or to recommend locally owned restaurants and shops at the village a short walk away along the idyllic coast.
This is a particularly nice option for families with young children. Everything you’ll need is available to borrow from high chairs to changing mats and beach toys. Kids will love wandering the picturesque and safe gardens, collecting eggs from the resident hens and meeting other pets such as donkeys and ducks.
View Finca De Arrieta, Lanzarote in a larger map
PlanetThe house is totally "Off the National Grid" and gives guests the opportunity to experience first-hand, creating power with solar panels, wind turbines and using the latest renewable energy systems. You never have to go without electric. The system is the largest on Lanzarote and runs on a 48 Volt system and has no problem powering the 15 dwellings on site. Other Green credentials include use of Grey water, Led lighting, solar pool heating, use of well water for pool, A+ class Fridge, half flush toilets, solar water heater, organic fruit and veg and within walking/cycling distance to amenities.
Other environmental practices we follow are:
- Waste reduction: We encourage recycling and have bins locally. Any organic waste can be given to our chickens.
- Conserving water: We ask client to be use water sparingly. We use our own well water which is used for the swimming pool, we also use our grey water on our palm trees.
- Conserving electricity: We use only Wind turbines and solar panels.
- Encouraging wildlife: We have planted many native trees and bushes to encourage birds.
- Organic gardening practices: The retreat has a number of fruit trees and plants such as tomatoes, potatoes, spinach, basil strawberries etc..
- Building materials: the entire retreat has been built using stone from the 30,000 meter estate.
- The well and water tanks which are on the land and originally used for irrigating the farm land have been fully restored.
- Measures to educate staff & guests about our environmental practices - We educate guests/staff and local schools on the Eco energy system provided.
- Office practices: We have low energy lighting, and reuse paper.
We also offer Holiday Extras which include our Paella night at Finca De Arrieta and Meals delivered you can choose vegetarian/plant-based and low dairy foods (which reduce CO2 emissions)
This particular holiday home has Solar water heater.
PeopleThe local stone and trades men we use have helped bring the retreat to a beautifully finished paradise.
We promote rural tourism to our guests and encourage them to eat out locally and use local amenities such as shops, sports facilities, restaurants, farmers markets etc... We offer excursions for local schools to visit the retreat and see the effectiveness of the solar/wind system.
Popular similar holidays
From €155 - €285 per accommodation per night (sleeps 2)
Stunning off-grid eco yurt - Wifi & by the beach/restaurants
From €150 - €350 per couple per night
360º sea/mountain views, cozy studio cottage, couples/family