Lanzarote villa accommodation, Canary Islands
We are able to coordinate luxuries such as VIP airport transfers, excursions, scuba diving, surf lessons, food service, sailing, etc.
We also have Environmentally friendly Toyota Hybrids to rent.
Description of Lanzarote villa accommodation, Canary Islands
This luxurious Lanzarote villa, set within an eco finca on the island’s picturesque north coast, has been carefully restored. It can accommodate up to six in spacious rooms, with interiors designed with wooden floors and stylish furnishings inspired by Moroccan and Indonesian design. The villa has an airy feel, that will keep you nice and cool even during the hottest weeks.
The coastal village of Arrieta, a charming place with plenty of good local restaurants and shops, is just a five-minute walk away, as is the gorgeous beach, a local favourite that doesn’t get too busy.
Should you prefer to hang around your villa for a day, double doors from the lounge lead to a private patio with day bed (the ideal place for some star gazing), and you can actually hear the waves lapping against the sand.
There is a wealth of attractions and activities in the surrounding area available to you. Yoga, mountain biking, surfing (boards available at the finca), tennis and hiking are all popular with guests that favour an active holiday.
The eco finca relies on the sun and the wind for energy, and all accommodation refurbishments use locally sourced and reclaimed materials wherever possible. And to ensure your holiday has the lowest carbon footprint possible, your hosts will be more than happy to advise on how you can eat, and shop, local.
View Finca De Arrieta, Lanzarote in a larger map
The eco villa has its own green credentials including low volt lighting, A+ class fridge/freezer, solar water heater, linen is changed once a week in order to save water, use of well water and been renovated using stone from the properties land.
The villa is "Off the National Grid" and gives guests the opportunity to experience firsthand, living with solar panels and wind turbines and using the latest renewable energy systems. It has been installed the most up to date energy systems on offer, and they work very efficiently. The system is the largest on Lanzarote and runs on a 48 Volt system and has no problem powering the 16 dwellings on site. Other Green credentials include use of Grey water, Led lighting, solar pool heating, use of well water for pool, A+ class Fridge, half flush toilets, solar water heater, organic fruit and veg and within walking/cycling distance to amenities.
Other environmental practices we follow are:
- Waste reduction: We encourage recycling and have bins locally. Any organic waste can be given to our chickens.
- Conserving water: We ask client to be use water sparingly. We use our own well water which is used for the swimming pool, we also use our grey water on our palm trees.
- Conserving electricity: We use only Wind turbines and solar panels.
- Encouraging wildlife: We have planted many native trees and bushes to encourage birds.
- Organic gardening practices: The retreat has a number of fruit trees and plants such as tomatoes, potatoes, spinach, basil strawberries etc..
- Building materials: the entire retreat has been built using stone from the 30,000 meter estate.
- The well and water tanks which are on the land and originally used for irrigating the farm land have been fully restored.
- Measures to educate staff & guests about our environmental practices - We educate guests/staff and local schools on the Eco energy system provided.
- Office practices: We have low energy lighting, and reuse paper.
Whilst staying at this villa you can walk to the beach and beach front restaurants it's just 300 metres!
We also offer Holiday Extras which include our Paella night at Finca De Arrieta and Meals delivered you can choose vegetarian/plant-based and low dairy foods (which reduce CO2 emissions)
This particular holiday home has Solar water heater.
The local stone and trades men we use have helped bring the retreat to a beautifully finished paradise.
We promote rural tourism to our guests and encourage them to eat out locally and use local amenities such as shops, sports facilities, restaurants, farmers markets etc... We offer excursions for local schools to visit the retreat and see the effectiveness of the solar/wind system.
Popular similar holidays
From €95 - €135 per accommodation per night (sleeps 2-4)
Stunning Villa-Solar Pool-Quaint Fishing Village-On the Sea
From €155 - €285 per accommodation per night (sleeps 2)
Stunning off-grid eco yurt - Wifi & by the beach/restaurants