Summer photography tour of Romania
Description of Summer photography tour of Romania
2023: 16 Jul
As cameras give way to mobile phones and darkrooms to Instagram filters, its easy to dismiss photography holidays. Do you really need to learn about ...
Rural Romania is perhaps the only place in Europe where a bicycle can often be the speediest form of transport, and where friendly local people offer ...
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) holiday so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
Planet- We assist in maintaining the Romanian heritage by various means. For example, we chose hotels located in traditional or historic buildings in Sibiu and Viscri. Recently renovated, they also maintain the features of old Saxon houses, such as the tall ceiling and the eye-roof. In fact, the interior is painted in a particular style too.
- We travel in small groups, usually consisting of 4-6 people, thus minimizing the impact on society and nature. As photographers, we are not intruding into the lives of people, we are simple observers and we are respectful of all nature, people and places that we encounter along the way. We can easily blend into local communities by traveling in small groups
- Every participant is advised on ways to reduce water, energy and waste usage. For example, we provide the participants with one water bottle on the first day of the tour, after which we continuously refill it, thus reducing the use of plastic bottles
- The itineray is designed so as to reduce the number of kilometers driven. During the tour, the car used has a small engine as low fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. We encourage tourists to walk in villages and towns, instead of using the car
- In Viscri and Ieud we stay at local guesthouses that produce their own food from organic sources
People- All the meals are included either in rural guesthouses where food is cooked from local ingredients (Viscri and Ieud) or in locally-owned restaurants
- We support locals and artisans who maintain traditional customs and occupations. We encourage them to continue their work during our visit and the guide will pay for their time by giving them money or buying goods. During this tour we will visit a glass factory, a coppersmith family and a blacksmith. We'll also see a woodcarver and visit a sheepfold.
- All suppliers are local so part of the income stays with them and jobs are enabled
- All the staff responsible for tour preparation, as well as the guide, are local. They are extremely knowledgeable and well-prepared and, as a result, we ensure they are properly remunerated. They are encouraged regularly to engage in cultural events and training courses, as well as to travel around Romania to get to know the country better.
Popular similar holidays
Northern Lights photography holiday in Iceland, coast & ice
From £3450 - £3750 10 days excluding flights
Photographic trip in the stunning west and southeast Iceland
Orangutan photography in Borneo
From £2575 10 days excluding flights
Develop your photography skills in Borneo
Photography volunteer program in Cape Town
From US $2150 - US $3250 15 days excluding flights
Make an impact through photography