Find out if we’ve got your favourite pastime covered in our dedicated special interest holidays travel guide or just search for a few more ideas to help you have a really worthwhile week away rather than just a boring break at the beach. This page is all about what special interest holidays entail and how you can choose between small group and tailor made options to ensure you get the most out of your holiday.
Top 10 cooking & food holidays
Cooking and food holidays peel away the layers of a country’s culture, so that you can release its true flavours. Learn how to make focaccia in Umbria using recipes handed down through generations. Use spices in Sri Lanka that have been freshly picked from a plantation dating back centuries. And soak up the sun while learning about ceviche and cerveza in Mexico. Here are our top ten treats on the menu.
Our Cooking & food Holidays
1. SpainThe Basque country, Spanish Pyrenees and Andalucia are astounding foodie destinations, with not only fine local ingredients and Michelin star restaurants, but also a wonderful sense of community and regional tradition around gastronomy. The Spanish pair their food with fun, too, and holidays here combine food with yoga, walking or cultural visits.
Our top selling trip: Cooking and walking holiday in the Spanish Pyrenees
See all our trips: Cooking and food holidays in Spain
2. IndiaThere is a north south divide when it comes to cooking and food holidays in India. In the North you have Mughal traditions still found around Delhi and tantalising Rajput ones in Rajasthan. Head south to Goa and Kerala for more tropical and colonial influences. It’s all about spicing up your life.
Our top selling trip: India small group holiday, a food adventure.
See all our trips: Cooking and food holidays in India
3. Umbria, ItalyDon’t let Umbria be overshadowed by Tuscany, because these Etruscan landscapes and small hilltop towns are a feast of fine ingredients. From olive oil to organic honey, cured meat to a bevy of beans. And fine wines of course, Orvieto being one of the top towns to visit on a gastronomic holiday.
Our top selling trip: Umbria cooking holiday, Italy
See all our trips: Umbria cooking and food holidays
4. Sri LankaSri Lanka is all about ancient traditions, and food is no exception. From the fish markets of Negombo to the chena cultivation techniques around Dambulla, the spice-growing region of Matale to the tea plantations of the Highlands, indigenous ingredients and culinary culture make for the perfect foodie experience here.
Our top selling trip: Sri Lanka small group tour, a food adventure
See all our trips: Cooking and food holidays in Sri Lanka
5. ThailandAlthough Thai curries are almost as common as fish and chips in the UK now, nothing beats learning about their spices, traditions, local produce and inimitable recipes than at the lemongrass roots. There is so much to choose from here, you can easily spend two weeks on a foodie adventure in Thailand.
Our top selling trip: Cooking holiday in Thailand
See all our trips: Cooking and food holidays in Thailand
6. MexicoThis is a country that has received UNESCO World Heritage status for its food alone, which means it’s hard to know where to start. A food holiday sorts out your ceviche and cerveza, mole and mescal, with a lot of tacos and tamales in between.
Our top selling trip: Mexico small group holiday, a food adventure
See all our trips: Cooking and food holidays in Mexico
Our top Cooking & food Holiday
If you'd like to chat about Cooking & food or need help finding a holiday to suit you we're very happy to help.
7. VietnamImagine travelling from Hanoi to Hoi Chi Minh City with food as your main point of interest. Historians move over; here come the hedonists. With regional cuisine variations, experience the likes of bun rieu broth in the north, hot chillies in the centre and the tropical flavours of the south.
Our top selling trip: Vietnam small group holiday, a food adventure
See all our trips: Cooking and food holidays in Vietnam
8. Tuscany, ItalyThere is no better way to slow down in Tuscany than by going on a cooking holiday, learning the simple joys of making ravioli, pizza or bread, going truffle hunting in season or maybe combining walking with wine tasting. Get to know your pecorinos and prosciuttos, Chiantis and Carmignanos in style.
Our top selling trip: Tuscany holiday experience, cooking, truffle hunting and tour
See all our trips: Tuscany cooking and food holidays
9. CambodiaRun amok, carouse with Khmer cuisine and feast on fruits of every flavour on a food or cooking holiday in Cambodia. There is no better way to immerse yourself in the country’s culture, traditions, etiquette and colonial influences. Cambodia is a country where you will always feel replete.
Our top selling trip: Cambodia small group tour, a food adventure
See all our trips: Cooking and food holidays in Cambodia
10. FinlandMost people head to Finland for the vast wilderness or the chance to meet Santa, but it’s also pretty great for a foodie break, and an expert food tour could take you around the culinary hotspots of Helsinki or to the country’s wild forests to forage for fungi and berries. Either way there’ll be plenty of time to sample Finland’s craft beer and potent local liqueurs too.
Our top selling trip: Helsinki city break, winter sports and gastronomy
See all our trips: Cooking and food holidays in Finland
More about Cooking & food
Weather and seasonality are a major consideration when it comes to deciding the best time to go on a cooking and food holiday.
Our mouthwatering cooking and food holidays travel guide is guaranteed to get your taste buds tingling as you delve into our best and worst travel dishes.
From India to Italy aand Spain to Sri Lanka, check out our interactive map of our favourite food locations to really taste the difference.
Take to the streets, experience stay at home cooking or just let a friendly local show you the ropes; there's plenty to do on a cooking and food holiday.
From pasta making in the Tuscan hills to a Georgian bread making in the shadow of the Caucasus Mountains, her are our top 10 food holidays in Europe.
Food in Cambodia is a revelation. Fish, curry, pork, and some of the most divine spicey pastes you could hope for; welcome to the world of Khmer cuisine.
A Sicily food tour makes for an introduction to one of Italy’s most distinctive and dangerously delicious cuisines that is sure to become a long-lasting relationship.
Sri Lanka is a foodie paradise, where fresh local ingredients, sizzling spices and fusion recipes create a diverse and delicious culinary scene.
It is within the kitchens, the markets and on the streets where you'll discover the one true tie that describes Vietnam's cultural identity: its food.
We share ideas on new things to try, tips for cooking, unusual ingredients and secret foodie hot spots to help you spot a trend from a fad.
From complete and utter Italian immersion to keeping it local and getting together round the fire; we’ve asked our experts for their top holiday advice.
Find out more about Fair Trade, sustainable communities, fish stocks, bush meat and our responsible tourism tips before you peruse the menu.