Canary Islands luxury yurt holiday
Tax and card fee all included. Additional guests are charged at 15 Euros per night.
Stays of less than 7 nights are accepted at a pro rata rate plus 140 Euros one of surcharge.
Description of Canary Islands luxury yurt holiday
Enjoy a unique, and eco friendly, Lanzarote holiday at a sundrenched finca that’s a paradise for families. Stay in a spacious, luxuriously appointed 8m yurt, set within its own fenced and gated grounds benefitting from superb sea views.
The traditionally styled yurt comes with its own private shower / bathroom, as well as a fully equipped kitchen and BBQ. You can relax on sun loungers or a shaded day bed on the terrace while the kids scamper off to the on-site play park, or take them down to the gorgeous sandy beach which is located just 300m from the finca.
Your stay will be as environmentally friendly as possible. The finca makes uses of renewable energy, with a solar-heated pool. Low-volt LED lightbulbs are used throughout the property as are A+ rated appliances, and furnishings are made of mainly reclaimed wood. In addition, your package includes the exclusive use of a Toyota Hybrid car (children’s seats available) so that you can explore Lanzarote’s magnificent coast, and the many attractions in the vicinity such as the famous Cactus Garden or the Mirador del Rio viewpoint.
Shops and restaurants are a short walk away in a traditional fishing village, and within the finca itself or nearby there is a huge range of activities available to you: yoga, Pilates, horse riding, surfing, golf, mountain biking, wine tasting – to name just a few.
This resort is a world away from the mega resorts you’ll find on so many Canarian islands – it’s peaceful, and just perfect for families with younger kids. They’ll love the unique experience of sleeping in a genuine yurt, collecting eggs from the henhouse for breakfast and visiting the resident donkey, as well as having so much to do nearby. There are poolside paella nights to enjoy, charming little tapas restaurants to discover, rock pools to explore and everything you’ll need for young children and toddlers can be provided, in case you forgot to pack it.
It’s no exaggeration that this Lanzarote yurt holiday will prove one of your more memorable getaways as a family.
PlanetThe construction at the Finca de Arrieta has a low impact on the environment as it is not a permanent structure and is made simply of wood and fabric. Green credentials include, led lighting (these are low voltage), A+ class fridge, recycled wood building, use of well water, linen is changed once a week in order to save water.
Its electric is supplied from natural recourses and runs "Off the National Grid" and gives guests the opportunity to experience firsthand, living with solar panels and wind turbines and using the latest renewable energy systems. It has been installed the most up to date energy systems on offer, and they work very efficiently. The system is the largest on Lanzarote and runs on a 48 Volt system and has no problem powering the 12 dwellings on site. Other Green credentials include use of grey water, led lighting, solar pool heating, use of well water for pool, A+ class fridge, half flush toilet, organic fruit and veg and within walking/cycling distance to amenities. Local stone and trades men have helped bring the retreat to a beautifully finished paradise.
Your Holiday comes comes complete with Hybrid Car lowering your carbon emissions.
We also offer Holiday Extras which include our Paella night at Finca De Arrieta and Meals delivered you can choose vegetarian/plant-based and low dairy foods (which reduce CO2 emissions)
This particular holiday home has Solar water heater.
Other environmental practices we follow include:
- Waste reduction: We encourage recycling and have bins locally. Any organic waste can be given to our chickens.
- Conserving water: We ask client to be use water sparingly. We use our own well water which is used for the swimming pool, we also use our grey water on our palm trees.
- Conserving electricity: We use only Wind turbines and solar panels
- Encouraging wildlife: We have planted many native trees and bushes to encourage birds.
- Building materials: the entire retreat has been built using stone from the 30,000 meter estate.
- The well and water tanks which are on the land and originally used for irrigating the farm land have been fully restored.
- Measures to educate staff & guests about our environmental practices - We educate guests/staff and local schools on the eco energy system provided.
- Office practices: We have low energy lighting, and reuse paper.
PeopleWe promote rural tourism and local restaurants as well as activities (local markets, local ecological food from Lanzarote´s farmers, Traditional Canarian local shops). We also offer on arrival a hamper from a local farmer including fruits and vegetables from the island.
Other ideas we support in our work:
- Local employment: We recruit locally, use local services and suppliers such as builders, trades men, laundry wherever possible
- Local purchasing policy: We encourage guest to buy local products, fresh fish and bread deliveries and wine.
- We take measures to encourage our guests to spend locally and encourage local economic development.
- We provide full information on local restaurants and farmers markets.
- We also offer local excursions and promote the islands cultural attractions and place of interest on the island at our onsite office.
-We support and help the local community and currently support the local haria football team, the Punta Mujeres bowling club and have taken part in a animal charity project organised by the 9 Lives foundation.
Popular similar holidays
From €700 - €1100 per accommodation per night
Wow factor Villa, 2 x private pools, Sea Views, Nr Beach