Request more information or book(Gift vouchers can be used with this operator)
A ‘Relaxingly Active’ holiday on the idyllic Croatian island of Vis with Craig & Xania. Enjoy a variety of activities on Croatia’s stunning un-spoilt Island of Vis, and in the crystal clear waters of the Adriatic. We offer sensational food and home comforts along with guided sea kayaking, mountain biking, trekking, and more – all of which will be tailored to meet your holiday needs. Our accommodation has been sympathetically restored to a high standard. The house has 3 double en-suite bedrooms, an open plan living room & kitchen, chill-out loft space, a large outside balcony area and a boules area.
Member since: 26 Apr 2006
How the minimum criteria of the responsible travel standard was met...
- My wife and I are making our home on the island and will be fully immersed into the local community. We already have a group of friends that have been involved in restoring our property who have welcomed us into village life. We aim to pass on this feeling of belonging to guests.
- Although slightly isolated, bread is delivered daily and vegetables ever other day – such local produce provides guests with great tasting food.
- Should our small operation grow (currently max. 8 guests) we would provide relevant training and employment for the local community. A number of activities will be booked through local operators, for example: paragliding and scuba diving.
- Daily menus will not be printed but displayed on chalk board each morning.
Transport on the Island is not recommended. We will provide pick up and drop off to and from the ferry along with transport to and from local restaurants. Daily transport will involve a combination of kayak, bicycle and foot – far more suited to our goal of enjoying and preserving the beauty of Vis island.
- Water conservation: We collect rainwater for outdoor use. We will be composting organic waste and do have a system to catch all the rainwater from the roof of the main building - used for times when the water is off - happens occassionally throughout the summer. The outbuilding roof is sloped in a way to water the lemon tree directly.
- Electronic devices without the accommodation is kept to a minimum, no tv, video, dvd, telephone etc.
- Guests will be introduced to 2 traditional games that still play a large part in the bringing together of friends and the community (pit-si-gin and ballotte).
- Each guestroom will include a small booklet including a brief history of the island and a selection of useful phrases that will enrich their stay.